Home

Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

This is a discussion on Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2015, 03:34 AM   #9
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

I don't know if there'd even be enough disk space for it. But then again it's blu-ray so it's a possibility nonetheless.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 06-08-2015, 04:27 AM   #10
Rookie

cookemcurt's Arena

OVR: 1

this would be crazy sheeeeesh!

& yeah I wish they could at least do a dlc for it or something similar to the Draft Combine for 2k10.

I'm kinda upset I have my hopes up now.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:05 AM   #11
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

I doubt we see a full scale college hoops ordeal but perhaps 2k has gotten licensing of some major colleges to select from, nothing keeps a company from getting individual licensing from a college, they are not allowed to have the NCAA brand, but if I'm not mistaken any school can agree to be used if they so choose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 05:37 AM   #12
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Don't read too much into cover art.

Sure, the covers do show the stars in their college uniforms; it feels more like a "great moment" in the star's life type of thing to me.

I don't know what the story Spike Lee will have us star in. I will say from the little he stated it reminded me of an AI type of story.
  • High school Phenom gets in trouble due to some life altering event
  • player experiences highs and lows involving family, money, fame and fortune.
I also actually think that Spike Lee will provide a decent story. I just don't know if that story will be guided like a roller-coaster or as open as a sand-box. I suspect the former rather than the latter but will be happy if it is a sand-box type of story.
I definitely think we all have to be careful not to get our hopes up or anything because this very well could not work out how we want it to. That said, saying not to read to much into cover art isn't really appropriate either. The reason College Hoops 2K doesn't exist anymore in the first place was allegedly because of the asking price for the NCAA licensing. It would appear unlikely that 2K would pay the licensing fee just to put three jerseys on the cover of their game just to show 'a great moment in that star's life.'
Old 06-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1
this mode is going to be nothing if the VOs are the same rubbish they have had the last two years.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #14
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
I'll keep my excitement tempered because I know the NCAA legal situation. But man oh man would this be cool. Even if it was only a few teams and limited to the MY CAREER MODE.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:17 AM   #15
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

If they were to implement some type of fictonal "high school" you attend, then afterwards make you play overseas somehow to prove yourself then yes that would be a pretty cool idea! They already have the Euro teams in the game so they could do this no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #16
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
I doubt we see a full scale college hoops ordeal but perhaps 2k has gotten licensing of some major colleges to select from, nothing keeps a company from getting individual licensing from a college, they are not allowed to have the NCAA brand, but if I'm not mistaken any school can agree to be used if they so choose.
While having an NCAA aspect in 2K would be an excellent addition, this post is dead on. Licensing alone would be a killer. Conferences, conference tourney's, NCAA tourney, final four, etc.

I could only see a college career stint if it was super bland and watered down. But even then I don't see it happening. They would have to name it The Big Tournament Thingy or something lame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »