Home

Ask NHL 16 Q&A Updated Again - Be a Pro, Presentation, Ratings, AI, EASHL, HUT & More

This is a discussion on Ask NHL 16 Q&A Updated Again - Be a Pro, Presentation, Ratings, AI, EASHL, HUT & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2015, 09:52 AM   #17
Rookie

Syzchmenev's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ask NHL 16 Q&A Updated Again - Be a Pro, Presentation, Ratings, AI, EASHL, HUT &

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I always hate how they partially do stuff. "Some teams will have authentic atmosphere, but not all". Like the intros they had previous gen.. 3 teams had them and that was it.

This is probably going to be what NHL 15 should have been. As much as I love the presentation stuff, I really hope game play is improved.
I don't know what it means "Authentic atmosphere and presentation"..
Old 06-09-2015, 01:04 PM   #18
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ask NHL 16 Q&A Updated Again - Be a Pro, Presentation, Ratings, AI, EASHL, HUT &

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Will there be offline HUT challenges that reward either packs or coin bonuses or just offline games that tally coins for gameplay like they are in 15

HUT Single Player Seasons is a new mode for NHL 16. While it does have some aspects of the previous HUT Tournaments, we do not support rewarding items or pack bonuses at this time.
Then whats the point of playing these games?
Old 06-09-2015, 02:31 PM   #19
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Just part of being a large corporation. Probably safe to assume anything that's coming back as a "we've been considering it..." is a no. Can't really blame them for being vague as much as I know they'd get blasted on here of they simply said no.
With respect, I have to disagree with the 'can't really blame them for being vague' statement. After last year's debacle and taking a massive hit in sales, their marketing and PR department should be doing a hefty amount of outreach to try and win back former players. Maybe they don't think last year was rock bottom in terms of PR, but after that roll out, I would think being brutally honest about what to expect in this year's game would at least win back the respect of fans.

For example, I may disagree with their decision to have zero differentiation among classes in EASHL save for equipment, but I can respect that they're trying out something new.

Unfortunately, EA continues to play the shell game, hoping people will buy first and complain later.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter21
With respect, I have to disagree with the 'can't really blame them for being vague' statement. After last year's debacle and taking a massive hit in sales, their marketing and PR department should be doing a hefty amount of outreach to try and win back former players. Maybe they don't think last year was rock bottom in terms of PR, but after that roll out, I would think being brutally honest about what to expect in this year's game would at least win back the respect of fans.
I think what they are doing right now is fine. Of sports game coming out this fall, NHL 16 has probably the same info out there as much as the other games. Madden has released a little about Connected Franchise, 2K has told us that Spike Lee is taking over MyCareer story and Fifa it's only that there's only 12 women's team you can play with in the game. E3 is next week if we don't hear a lot at the event then we can start to get pissed. Because most companies will wait until E3 to release a lot of their information.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #21
Rookie

no1xdraftpck's Arena

It's sad to see EA try and cover up their gameplay flaws by delivering us useless presentation upgrades. Are they attracting that many new members to the series with these flashy upgrades and modifications to the NBC aspect of the game? It frustrates me because I know these guys are putting hardwork and time into their games, but it just doesnt show, at least to the hardcore gamer. Can someone explain to me how one year a feature can be in a game, then the next year its gone. Am I wrong to think that instead of making a new game each year, why cant they build on the successful things and just keep pushing out great product after great.

I've always joked about EA making a game that doesn't fully satisfy the consumer because they know they'll need that exact consumer to buy their game next season. It's a vicious cycle that seems to never end..
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »