Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions Part 2 - Scouting and Drafting (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions Part 2 - Scouting and Drafting (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 09:45 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions Part 2 - Scouting and Drafting (MyMaddenPad)

Shopmaster has chimed in again this week with some more Madden NFL 16 CFM impressions. After talking about confidence, regression, dynamic drive goals, new hub and much more last week, he talks about scouting and drafting this week.

Quote:
This year EA has overhauled the entire scouting process. No more are you going through the entire draft class unlocking the attributes of your choice for a letter grade and then unlocking them again to see what the actual overall for that attribute is. This year ‘Scouting Points’ only unlock a player’s top 3 attributes, with the 3rd unlocked attribute revealing that player’s true draft value. When you first go into scouting you are presented with a list of players sorted by projected draft value. You can press a button to get more details about that player and unlock the attributes or you can unlock the attributes right from the list; which is very convenient for those who just want to spend their points before the week advances.

Still no draft board, so while you’ve scouted all of these players, there is still no way to focus in on the guys you really want when the draft starts. This was extremely disappointing because it’s something the community has been wanting for a long time (ever since Madden 10). I understand that they want to get it right, to the point where you can set up your draft board and the CPU will be smart enough to draft for you, but I’d be happy with a band aid right now because sometimes that clock ticks down so fast and there was a reason why you wanted this 5’10 WR over the 6’3 one but you can’t remember what it was without looking at his combine stats and unlocked attributes again. Give us the ability to flag the guys we really want, like our top 10.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM Impressions Part 2 - Scouting and Drafting (MyMaddenPad)

Quote:
This year EA has overhauled the entire scouting process. No more are you going through the entire draft class unlocking the attributes of your choice for a letter grade and then unlocking them again to see what the actual overall for that attribute is. This year ‘Scouting Points’ only unlock a player’s top 3 attributes, with the 3rd unlocked attribute revealing that player’s true draft value. When you first go into scouting you are presented with a list of players sorted by projected draft value. You can press a button to get more details about that player and unlock the attributes or you can unlock the attributes right from the list; which is very convenient for those who just want to spend their points before the week advances. I would have liked to see more attributes to unlock (actually suggested 6), but after going through a couple of seasons I felt 3 gave you just enough but not too much info to make the decision to draft that player a real tough decision. Each of the players have a projected round they are projected to be drafted in but when you unlock the 3rd attribute it will reveal their true projected skill value. For example, there is a 6’5 WR that is projected to go in the 1st round. You unlock his top attribute for 3 points* and it’s CTH C+, you unlock his 2nd attribute for 7 points* and it’s RLS C-, you then unlock his 3rd and last attribute for 11 points* and it’s RTE C-.
Yep, they have made scouting overly simple and "accesable" and removing all the "skill" in finding diamonds in the rough. This is the death blow to me and Madden this year. I'm out, hopefully they "fix" this for Madden 17. Scouting and drafting was one of the best parts of the CFM experience in Madden 15.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Now that this blog is out, anyone have questions for me about scouting or drafting?
Old 06-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #4
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Now that this blog is out, anyone have questions for me about scouting or drafting?
How was the new scouting mechanic received by those who got to play with it early? Were more people excited or dissapointed by the changes?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-12-2015, 10:13 AM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
How was the new scouting mechanic received by those who got to play with it early? Were more people excited or dissapointed by the changes?
Definitely more excited than disappointed. The big thing is like Shop said, you lose points for not scouting and that punishes you when it's draft time. I didn't scout very much and my best player was a 84 P in the 5th round, and that was only because one of the guys told me about him because he scouted him. Other than that I don't think I had one gem on my team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #6
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Definitely more excited than disappointed. The big thing is like Shop said, you lose points for not scouting and that punishes you when it's draft time. I didn't scout very much and my best player was a 84 P in the 5th round, and that was only because one of the guys told me about him because he scouted him. Other than that I don't think I had one gem on my team.
And what if you scout? Is it too easy to find good players now///
Old 06-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #7
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

My team has a scout still, correct?

The 3 attributes I can unlocked is based on my scouts grades on that player?

Meaning another team(s) scouts might have that player(s) 3 attributes slightly higher or lower than what my scout has given that player?
Adding up to overall each team having different grades/opinions on these players.

If No (that my scout has nothing to do with the graded attributes that I see), why do I need a scout then?

Last edited by Step2001; 06-12-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:33 AM   #8
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

"One draft I drafted the #1 overall ranked player; WR 86OVR, a 83 OVR TE, 83 OVR DB, and a 77 FS. Those were my first 4 picks and my first 3 all had SS dev traits. Again, this was just me drafting against the CPU so I’m guessing that might not happen against 31 other teams but the scouting paid off."

Have players rated to high, I'd say so.......OR the CPU is really bad at picking players. Hopefully he made a flurry of moves to get four 1st rd. picks. : )

JP, are classes always loaded? Are there Drafts where the talent pool isn't that great (like the REAL 2009 Draft Class)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »