Home

NHL 16 E3 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 16 E3 Gameplay Trailer within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2015, 06:34 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Official E3 Gameplay Trailer

So in addition to the way Tarasenko reached for the pass I liked the way Ovechkin kind of gathered up his legs and took a few crossovers to build speed as he got the puck in that brief little glimpse. Too little to tell much, but looked pretty good. Overall I agree with whoever said the players still look pretty rigid though.

It's because everyone still skates the same so everyone on the ice looks stiff and unnatural. In real life no two players really are moving the same at any given time. Some guys are crouched low, some are upright, some swing their arms a lot, some lead with their stick way out in front, some stick handle close, some stick handle out in front, some with tight little forward and backward motions, some with wider side to side sweeps. That variation still is not in the game. They talk a lot about presentation but variation in the way players move is probably one of the absolute biggest presentation points there is and they always ignore it.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:36 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

another year and another awful rendering of giroux, somehow it got worse in 16 lol
Old 06-15-2015, 07:08 PM   #19
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yep, trailers are kinda fun to watch. But to echo others, gameplay vids will help much more to see what's in store for '16'. How i hope we see some solid defensive ai in coming vids. To actually see a 1-4 really work, would be fantastic.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0

A mix of encouraging and disappointing news here. Lots of info: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nh...ut-nhl-16.aspx
Old 06-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #21
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
A mix of encouraging and disappointing news here. Lots of info: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nh...ut-nhl-16.aspx
I only browse Gameplay and BaGM

"Player ratings are still sky high, which gives the game very little in terms of player differentiation." (under gameplay)

I dont know how the "edit player" that EA allows will have an affect on this game. This player and team differentiation is one the biggest "MUST" for me and I have the notion that it will still not be there.

"The big addition to Be A GM this year is the player morale system like those found in NBA 2K." (under BaGM)

The last time EA copy from nba 2k was the MyCareer in 14, but poor implementation (ex. text base!). I just hope this could work well as they intend it to be, or else BaGM is just the same old thing, except in 16 they brought back the features that should be in the game at the very first place.

With the player edit announcement from RAMJ brought hopes in me that 16 could be different. But I just learn that you cannot d/l roster or share with someone (unlike in 360, where modio could be used) in the NG brings me back to my original state: very highly skeptic of this game and in EA's ability to produce NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #22
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
"The same scoring tactics from last year – wraparounds, screens, high slot shots – all seemed to still work."

"Board play, face-offs, and passing feel largely the same as NHL 15"

"Player ratings are still sky high, which gives the game very little in terms of player differentiation."

These 3 things are essentially the core of how the game plays. If these aspects of the game are not fixed then nothing anyone else says should really matter.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:32 PM   #23
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 16 E3 Gameplay Trailer

Looks good so far. Features are building up nicely as well.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:31 PM   #24
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Wow not much fanfare at the presser maybe I missed did they even show it at the EA presser?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »