Home

Madden NFL 16 Features Improved Head Tracking, Better Pre/Post Play Movement

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Features Improved Head Tracking, Better Pre/Post Play Movement within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 16 Features Improved Head Tracking, Better Pre/Post Play Movement

In a blog today on A.I. Improvements, EA detailed some big improvements to how players move and interact on the gridiron:

Quote:
"Madden NFL 16 includes added logic for QBs, RBs, WRs and defenders so that each head and eye track (the ball and players around them) uniquely based on their position.

Quarterbacks will scan the field for open receivers, ball carriers will alternate their gaze between incoming defenders, and players will track other players around them after the play. You may even see players looking up at the scoreboard on a breakaway run."

What This Means: This is an addition all about the small things. You can't get a fully immersive experience without little details like head tracking being in and working properly. Real NFL players move their heads and (hopefully) you'll see that happening in Madden as well.

Better Motion Pre, Post, and During Plays

EA also detailed better player motion on the field in Madden NFL 16.

Quote:
"The quality of player motion has been a primary point of emphasis for the Madden NFL team for several years now. This year, we made huge strides in pre, post and during play motion quality. This touches several major systems like huddle break, walk to line, pile get up logic, pile avoidance, post play path finding and more. When it comes to in-game animation quality improvements, the list is endless.

Players can expect a dramatic reduction in pops, warps, slides, and other issues in Madden NFL 16. This will continue to be a focal point for us as we strive towards our goal of animation quality."

What This Means: Again its about the little things. This may seem trivial, but if the team wants to truly deliver an authentic and immersive experience on the field, things like this simply have to work right.

What do you think of the improvements in head tracking and player movement? Is it a big deal to you? Let us know!
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I hope that this is as good as it sounds. The issue I had as I'm sure many others did was the LBs being able to bat balls down in between passing lanes. Also DBs being able to make plays without knowing where the ball was located.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
PS why isn't Gameface implemented in Madden yet? If NBA Live has it, then something is wrong here right? Or is it just me?
Old 06-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
Players can expect a dramatic reduction in pops, warps, slides. This is huge for me, hopefully it works as advertised. Why is it so hard for them to redo Qb dropbacks?

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 06-15-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0
These improvements may be considered "little things" but they're HUGE to me. These are some of the biggest issues I had with Madden 15 & glad to hear they're being addressed. This dev team seems to get it. I'm impressed with what I'm hearing! Of course we have to see it in action though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 16 Features Improved Head Tracking, Better Pre/Post Play Movement

Head tracking will be nice looking but pointless if players not looking at ball react to the ball.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 16 Features Improved Head Tracking, Better Pre/Post Play Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Head tracking will be nice looking but pointless if players not looking at ball react to the ball.
This was one of my concerns too so hopefully it is not mainly cosmetic, but I will give them credit that EA is at least trying to move in the right direction.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #8
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

If this is done right, it could be big. One thing I couldn't stand was after your guy got tackled in 15, sometimes him and others would never get up. They would just lack on their backs, stuck to the ground like there was a magnetic force keeping them there. Other times, they'd be stuck on the ground on their arms and legs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »