Home

NHL 16 - Pre-Order Options

This is a discussion on NHL 16 - Pre-Order Options within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 01:50 AM   #9
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 16 - Pre-Order Options

How about a preorder discount if I don't want any HUT crap.
Then, I might actually want to preorder.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:56 AM   #10
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
I'm not a fan of pre-ordering, but sometimes they have cool stuff that I want. This garbage, on the other hand, I could not care less about, and am happy to see the pre-order bonus is worthless to me, so I don't have to bother pre-ordering. Well done, EA.

On the other hand, this mode, which I think is brutally unfun, is taking way too much of EA's time and effort. Stop buying this stuff, guys! Please!
You are right, EA is taking much of their time on HUT and the rest of the modes are suffering. This game is still "not a buy" for me, I really need read reviews before spending that amount of money. Besides, I am very sure people needs to wait 1-2 months for EA to release an good roster, tuner/patch to make this game playable, just like in the past.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:09 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
Not interesting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 08:25 AM   #12
MVP

Syce's Arena

dumb tbh, they should have added some exclusive EASHL Gear or something to make it a bit more interesting. but just HUT packs? ugh.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone else remember when you could get $10-20 off for pre-ordering games? Those were the days...
Old 06-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #14
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Absolutely no reason for anyone that doesn't touch HUT to preorder.
I can give you one. I once went to my local GameStop (a few blocks from my apartment in Brooklyn) and asked for NHL 13. The girl behind the counter didn't know what I was talking about and asked me what the game was. Dumbstruck, I said "It's ... an NHL game. What is there to explain?" Meanwhile, I was scanning the glass behind the counter for a copy of the game -- and there weren't any. She asked me what the NHL is. At this point, I thought I was on another planet. "It's the National Hockey League, the top hockey league of the United States and Canada. Like what the NBA is to basketball." So she asked me what hockey is. THE CASHIER OF MY LOCAL GAMESTOP HAD SOMEHOW NEVER HEARD OF HOCKEY, and since the manager presumably was just as in the dark as this cashier, they didn't stock a single copy of the game. I just turned around and left without another word, walked to the subway, took a 40 minute ride to Union Square, and bought the game at Best Buy.

So ... there's a reason to preorder: if the employees at your local GameStop are so ignorant that they don't know what hockey is!

Last edited by spidertour02; 06-16-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:42 PM   #15
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2

BestBuy and Amazon are having E3 deals right now.. 20-30% off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 03:39 PM   #16
Just started!

I'm wondering about whether I should buy the NHL legacy edition. On the one hand, I won't want to buy a PS4 just to play NHL 16, which would, together, amount to about $400. On the other hand, I know that the NHL 14/15 goalies are crap, because I tried playing with them. I'll play some more, and play around with sliders, but I do not want to buy NHL legacy edition if the goalies are still crap. Anyhow, will EA use the goalie improvements in NHL 16 in the Legacy Edition? If anyone knows,please answer. If anyone knows the EA developers, then please PM me with their contact info. Thank you very much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »