Home

The List of Madden Legacy Issues Fixed in Madden NFL 16...

This is a discussion on The List of Madden Legacy Issues Fixed in Madden NFL 16... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 05:59 PM   #17
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The List of Madden Legacy Issues Fixed in Madden NFL 16...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I don't think they can say all since I'm sure that more will be discovered as soon as Madden releases. Money plays on the whole have slowly been dwindling for years now but there's always new ones to be found.
I think that is part of the problem though. I get what BrianU is saying.

If the game was a free flowing and organic, there would be no such thing as nano blitzes and money plays. There is no such thing as a nano blitz or money play in real life. In real life nothing "always works," which is how a nano or money play is defined (they work every time no matter what).

O-lines/backfields would adjust the blocking scheme to stop the blitz in real life, or at least buy the QB some time to get off a quick pass. Defense would adjust to the play to stop it. The existence of money plays and nano blitzes points to the games shortcomings and the "canned" nature of outcomes. Nothing should always work. Running out routes vs man coverage should not always work.

Instead of eliminating certain blitzes from being possible, just make the players smarter and improve blocking mechanics to handle all that kind of stuff from the ground up instead of just putting band aid on specific things here and there.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
The biggest legacy issue is the OL/DL interaction. That matchup determines who wins and who loses. When people can get 6 yards per rush when the defense is selling out on a blitz, there's a problem. When one team has all day to throw and the other has less than a second, there's a problem.

I've been playing Madden ever since it came out on the Sega Genesis, so I've seen it all. The Vision Cone was one of the best features they every introduced, but it doesn't work properly with the current OL/DL setup. Which leads me to my next point.

Sports games have not done a great job of incorporating the randomness of sports. What I mean is all throws aren't perfect, people drop passes/balls, players fumble/bobble the ball without contact. When sports game try to bring in the random occurrence, it turns into a predictable outcome in the game. I'm not sure there is anything they can do about it since random events are just that random.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:03 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I think that is part of the problem though. I get what BrianU is saying.

If the game was a free flowing and organic, there would be no such thing as nano blitzes and money plays. There is no such thing as a nano blitz or money play in real life. In real life nothing "always works," which is how a nano or money play is defined (they work every time no matter what).

O-lines/backfields would adjust the blocking scheme to stop the blitz in real life, or at least buy the QB some time to get off a quick pass. Defense would adjust to the play to stop it. The existence of money plays and nano blitzes points to the games shortcomings and the "canned" nature of outcomes. Nothing should always work. Running out routes vs man coverage should not always work.

Instead of eliminating certain blitzes from being possible, just make the players smarter and improve blocking mechanics to handle all that kind of stuff from the ground up instead of just putting band aid on specific things here and there.
There is a difference in a glitch blitz and a nano blitz which happens at times in the NFL. Coaches like Rex Ryan and Labeau with their defensive schemes of overload blitzes and double a gap blitzes generate nano blitzes at times. Troy Polamalu has done some nano blitzing at times as I have seen him hit the QB before he can hand it off to the RB. I remember the Ravens played their last game at Texas Stadium and Ray Lewis shot up the a gap untouched a few times where Romo had to just throw it or fall down for the sack. Simply put, nano's happen in real life but glitch blitzing doesn't, there is a difference.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:28 PM   #20
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
The reason laat years sack issue isnt listed is because ea publicly stated last year that they saw zero issue with the sacks.....even tho the community was pleading for ways to fix getting 10 sacks a game no mater the difficulty. The issue potentially could be fixed with adjustments to cpu ai...but since last year they stated there was no sack issue, one would think they had no reason to address it.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:54 AM   #21
Rookie

Aweb20's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This post is mis-titled, I think. These are not legacy issues in the classic sense of basic gameplay shortcomings that Madden has had for multiple iterations. These are exploits that are probably mostly showing up on their radar because of online play, and they don't address real legacy issues like OL/DL play and CPU QB AI. CPU playcalling isn't mentioned, the sim stats engine isn't mentioned--those things are legacy issues.
Yeah I agree. There are many issues that are always in the game that may seem small but really put me off after a bit of playing. A few off the top of my head are a player's momentum carrying them out of bounds when they have 5+ yards to stop, the AI not knowing when to go for two or on fourth downs (and they always go in certain very specific situations and no other times), onside kicks are nothing like real life kicks, and the ball physics are terrible on punts. The ball always skids off the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #22
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Lol. When I first read the title of this post, I thought it was going to address penalties, auto-subs, and gameplay issues not related to cheese plays, but simply gameplay. It's good to resolve any legacy issues, but these sound more like online issues. I don't play online, so I'm looking for overall gameplay issues to be resolved, ie I want sim gameplay. QBs taking less sacks, QBs throwing more errant balls, players not morphing to the ball, outcomes of plays being dictated by the players, not on a preconceived matchup win/loss. But, it's all good. From some other threads, looks like they may be addressing penalties and with the WR/DB interactions, perhaps they are addressing the calculated outcomes, hopefully the players really control the outcomes. I'd like to see no tethering of the football, too. Those are the legacy issues I want to see fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #23
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

Hopefully they fixed the conservative sliding suction tackles.. Nothing is more annoying than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »