Home

PES 2016 Gameplay Video - Brazil vs. Germany: 16 Minutes of Footage (IGN)

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Gameplay Video - Brazil vs. Germany: 16 Minutes of Footage (IGN) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 12:21 PM   #17
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PES 2016 Gameplay Video - Brazil vs. Germany: 16 Minutes of Footage (IGN)

They still haven't fixed the passive GKs. This is beyond ridiculous. Goalkeepers dive after 2 secs the ball has passed them. I don't expect any improvement as long as Bhatti is involved in this game.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:24 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I've provided my thoughts on the gameplay, in particular the defending, keeping in mind this seems to be playing on a lower difficulty - but still some glaring issues that could stem to be even bigger near release.

The biggest defensive issue for me and from the videos I've watched from 2015 was the defensive line was way too high and followed strikers to the midfield which created tons of space behind them. Even if you set your line very deep they would still come up. This can be alleviated some by fluid formations and positioning your CDM to not go forward, a true Makele or Mikel role. Often times players of PES 2015 get caught out because they push too many #'s forward in attack, you really have to find a balance. Once I found that balance I went from giving up 70 goals in Ligue 2 to 48 in Ligue 1 with virtually the same back 4 & keeper.

What Konami & EA need to do is tune their Zonal marking. Both games suffer with finding the balance between marking a man and covering space. They either do one or the other really well when in reality, unless you're man marking someone, it should be a combination of both DEPENDENT upon where they are on the pitch (danger zone). This should really be a tactical option because it's based on your managerial style until you get around the box which I think we can all agree on, should be tight marking (a HUGE problem historically in FIFA). For instance, if you're playing a team with a big target CF I would want my CB to come up higher to battle him in the air. If you're playing against a False 9 I'd rather have my CDM or other midfielders track the CF dropping deep.

Back to the video, I think PES is by far the best game on the market when it comes to player movement momentum. On that first goal Neymar has the German defender (I think Boateng) beat for pace as he's running onto a thru-ball. Boateng is sprinting back while Neymar uses his agility to stop and cut across him back onto his stronger side with a much better angle for the shot. Boateng shouldn't be able to just quickly turn. A better option would be for him to either show him the near post on his weaker foot or slow down, jockey, and square up to Neymar. I think some of his (Boateng's) player ID (aggressive tackler) kicked in and he got rightly skinned.

Def a lot of valid points on the video that hopefully we/can be addressed by a higher difficulty level + tactics.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
They still haven't fixed the passive GKs. This is beyond ridiculous. Goalkeepers dive after 2 secs the ball has passed them. I don't expect any improvement as long as Bhatti is involved in this game.
I wouldn't say PES keepers are passive as they are generally aggressive when it comes to certain situations. The reaction times need tuning as well as some keeper animations need to be sped up to match the shot speed. If you have 2015 try a penalty shootout. There are some animations where your keeper literally dives in slow motion while the ball is in the back of the net. It's infuriating to guess right only too see the animation take forever to play out.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:00 PM   #20
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

As of rigut now...I'm sold.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:51 AM   #21
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I wouldn't say PES keepers are passive as they are generally aggressive when it comes to certain situations. The reaction times need tuning as well as some keeper animations need to be sped up to match the shot speed. If you have 2015 try a penalty shootout. There are some animations where your keeper literally dives in slow motion while the ball is in the back of the net. It's infuriating to guess right only too see the animation take forever to play out.
Yup, by passive I mean the slow reaction/animation. They have to fix that. I wonder why nobody mentions it. It's so obvious and annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 11:57 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Isn't Bhatti just their PR guy? He should have nothing to do with the actual quality of the game.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

PES is good but at the end of the day brand comes in the position and there FIFA with the EA games comes in position..

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »