Home

NBA Live 16 Gameplay Video (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Gameplay Video (IGN) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
live is one of those games i have to get my hands on. this build looked less robotic then the current build. that dribble hand off was a nice addition. being able to bring someone to the ball. if they can get the contols feeling nice and smooth and not clunky like it can be now. sometimes it works sometimes it does not then i feel they can be successful this year.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Live 16 Gameplay Video (IGN)

YouTube version? Can't play any vids that ign posts...
Old 06-17-2015, 04:16 PM   #19
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Graphically it looks exactly like Live 15. They just added more contrast. Off ball movement I like. What I don't like is how the AI still allow the ball carrier to drive to the hole UNCHALLENGED. Nobody ever rotates over and challenges.

I hope they improve the presentation when it comes to commentary. Because when you are in the playoffs, they don't talk about it or even talk about the series score at all. Then when I won the title yesterday, they made no mention of it. No end of the game celebration or anything. They treated it like it was just a regular game.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
YouTube version? Can't play any vids that ign posts...
here you go

Old 06-17-2015, 04:19 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0
Definitely looks much improved but let's be honest, Live had nowhere to go but up considering that last two games they put out. There's a lot to like about what their doing with the game but until they get the animation quality at the level of their competition it will still fall short. I like that Live gives you more freedom to break out of animations better than 2K but if the animations aren't as smooth it's kind of a wash in that area.

+ Player models look better

+ Off ball movement is improved

+ Signature shots / dribbling looks good

+ Like the hand off passes

+ Physics & "Live movement" look good

- Net/rim physics are still stiff & not dynamic enough (need to see more variations in how the ball goes through the net ala 2K)

- Still no assistant coaches on the bench which looks awkward

- Animations (although improved) still have that "Live stiffness" look to them

Overall the game is much improved but still not at the level it needs to be. Keep working on the animation quality & Live could on it's way. Hopefully they can still improve between now & release. I will definitely give it a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #22
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
The Curry floater was nice, but man that Mozgov dunk off the PNR was not good. Those transitional animations need to be 1.1, instead we get this awkward pause, foot-shuffle thing before he attacks the rim.

Still work to do.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #23
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Graphically it looks exactly like Live 15. They just added more contrast. Off ball movement I like. What I don't like is how the AI still allow the ball carrier to drive to the hole UNCHALLENGED. Nobody ever rotates over and challenges.

I hope they improve the presentation when it comes to commentary. Because when you are in the playoffs, they don't talk about it or even talk about the series score at all. Then when I won the title yesterday, they made no mention of it. No end of the game celebration or anything. They treated it like it was just a regular game.
Nah, they changed the lighting or tweaked it, it looks a lot different, and Steph looks much better this year. They got his hair colour down now
Old 06-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #24
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Nah, they changed the lighting or tweaked it, it looks a lot different, and Steph looks much better this year. They got his hair colour down now
Only tweak was contrast was added. I can though the same thing in Adobe Premiere to Live 15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »