Home

Madden NFL 16 Gameplay Video (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Gameplay Video (IGN) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden 16 Showcase on IGN at 2:20pm est

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That got me thinking. I don't know if the news feed that we've had the last couple years in CFM is still there but would they need an NCAA license or just an Oregon/Florida St. license to show that footage? Or would they need anything at all? I just thought it could be cool if they had those screenshots of rookies in actual college uniforms rather than those terrible generic unis. Highly unlikely and I'm not expecting that at all, just got me thinking.
Neither. They just need to get permission from the network (ESPN etc.).
Old 06-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 16 Gameplay Video (IGN)

See that starting kickoff with the two players on the right side of the kickoff do the exact same animation at the exact same time? This is exactly what i been harping about...these repetitive animations, especially when you see two players doing it at the same time on-screen really sticks out like a sore thumb. This stuff HAS to be FIXED...as little as it may sound..it really harms the overall atmosphere..its so unrealistic. It all comes back to fluidity and the overall flow of the game.

Another thing i noticed is the post-play jogging animations of the players...still too robotic and almost on the side of too slow. I cannot pinpoint it but it don't seem right. I think it might be the arms of the players how they are bent and the overall speed of the players jogging being a bit too slow...when you see players jogging back to the huddle with the same exact bent arms/elbows..it don't seem right, Again i cannot pinpoint it but i think that is it. Yes i know seems like nitpicking but really these little things make a huge difference..especially when they start adding up in a negative way.

Last edited by Moegames; 06-17-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:19 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
I do see some improvement over last years, which is nice to see.

Hate that tackle animation at 6:13 thats been there forever. Hopefully with all this talk of dynamic tackles that we will see dynamic BROKEN tackles as well. Sucks when you can tell right away if you are going to slip free or not.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 22

I posted this in another thread but i wanted to post it here with the first gameplay video.

I really feel the dev's are missing the core elements of a NFL Football game. I might be hasty with saying this since the game is still in development and we are seeing a incomplete game right now but i get this sense of the Madden dev's are reaching too far outside of the box and not concentrating enough on the core essentials that need the most work, hope that sounds right. I guess what i am saying is..the core things need addressing are animations, flow of the game, pre/half/post game stuff like a legit half time show...more work on the presentation and gameplay mechanics...instead of focusing on stuff like Fantasy football elements..why not put in work on more RPG elements like say...mid week practicing,player workouts where attributes are increased, mid week rehabilitation of injured players, off-the-field transactions,etc,etc,etc ....I really think this stuff should be considered part of the core elements of real NFL football games.

I just think these core things should be the absolute prime focus for the development team, building a solid foundation of the core elements rather than always trying too hard to implement new modes each year that are really not "essentials".. This has always been the case with the madden dev's..it's kind of baffling that they never take one year and just go the team focused route of just hammering down at the core elements of the game to create one solid foundation, NBA2k is a prime example of how they built a solid foundation, same with MLB The Show, while not perfect, those two games have a real solid foundation now. People love the RPG elements of "core elements of NFL football".... Mid week stuff, commentary with fluidity/excitement, immersive half-time shows,etc rather than fantasy football garbage. Just my opinion of course and I am really looking forward to seeing the final product this year. Like i said, the game is not finished and i might be hasty with saying what i said but when we feel the same vibe year after year..it's usually right.

PS: I think i heard one of the developers in this gameplay video say that they implemented a closer camera after a play is over to put the camera focus on players closer than what a real NFL broadcast can do? Why would you do something that is not part of what "real" NFL does? See it's stuff like this that is not right..doing things or not fixing things that are not part of what we see watching a real NFL game. That's the main problem with Madden's presentation, reaching outside the box with things unnecessary or simply not fixing things that "are" necessary to capture the feel of a real NFL broadcast.

Last edited by Moegames; 06-17-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #21
Rookie

GiantsFan2013's Arena

OVR: 0

I seen at least 5 of the same tackling animations. Same annimation of the team breaking from the coach huddle prior to the game. UGH>
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 06:26 PM   #22
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Just FYI, if this is the first video you guys have seen head over to the E3 video thread, this definitely is not the best video released so far

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:29 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 0
I'm noticing that the ball carriers arm still bends behind their back with the ball stuck in their hand on occasion. I know this is tied in to the physics engine, but it would be nice if ball carriers would contextually brace for contact & tuck the ball at all times when they're about to get hit (they do sometimes just not all the time). This would eliminate the problem. Hopefully they can still fine tune the game & fix this because it sticks out like a sore thumb when it happens.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 06-17-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #24
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I'm noticing that the ball carriers arm still bends behind their back with the ball stuck in their hand on occasion. I know this is tied in to the physics engine, but it would be nice if ball carriers would contextually brace for contact & tuck the ball at all times when they're about to get hit (they do sometimes just nother all the time). This would eliminate this problem. Hopefully they can still fine tune the game & fix this because it sticks out like a sore thumb when it happens.
Yeah, you're right, that definitely happens at least once in this video. I didn't see it the first time but it's there

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »