Home

Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #17
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Madden NFL 16 Implements a Draft Board, More Like a Watch List

I'd be vary careful if I were EA letting people call this a draft board. It's not in the sense of the CFM community is looking for. Which I would say the majority fall into some sort of "hard-core" category.

Its a ranking board or a wishlist board.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-18-2015, 12:28 PM   #18
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Doesn't really do anything for me...because it's just not what you need for online CFM.

If it's the put it down walk away type that it one day could be...then I'll post a bunch of happy .gif's

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #19
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Doesn't really do anything for me...because it's just not what you need for online CFM.

If it's the put it down walk away type that it one day could be...then I'll post a bunch of happy .gif's
Trust me it's important this year because with the new scouting you would have to cycle through tons of prospects, any time you've unlocked one attribute for a prospect, this way only the guys you put on your watch list will be listed come draft time.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #20
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Just getting around to watching this now.

Shop referred to the idea that a lot of people were unhappy with scouting because it was too easy but I don't know if that's really what I was so unhappy with when it came to that. Obviously the true value is a big thing but I think my biggest issue was the lack of being able to get a decent portrait of a player. Three attributes isn't a lot and it seemed like there is too much that you will basically have to try and deduct from the first three attributes that I think you'd normally have a pretty good idea of when it comes to scouting.

The goal stuff is just never going to do much for me. I got lost in there for a minute.

The draft board/watch list is nice. Doing a 32-team CFM it could be helpful as well so I'm interested in that. He mentioned that it was everything except having the AI to draft strictly based on it. The one thing I hope for is that they'll allow you to add players to the board/list in a particular order so that, in theory, you could rank your prospects by choosing what order you put them on the board. I must say I'm surprised there is such interest in having the ability to scout and having the CPU draft for you based on that.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #21
ND

NDAlum's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Trust me it's important this year because with the new scouting you would have to cycle through tons of prospects, any time you've unlocked one attribute for a prospect, this way only the guys you put on your watch list will be listed come draft time.
No it's not important. We can pause a draft to give a person a few more moments to pick somebody. What's important is allowing people who have life matters to tend to and have to miss the draft an opportunity to have a preset draft board so they can target guys they really want.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 12:50 PM   #22
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
No it's not important. We can pause a draft to give a person a few more moments to pick somebody. What's important is allowing people who have life matters to tend to and have to miss the draft an opportunity to have a preset draft board so they can target guys they really want.
Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean it's not important. Common mistake people make in their line of thinking about games.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #23
ND

NDAlum's Arena

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean it's not important. Common mistake people make in their line of thinking about games.
I'm the one that made a mistake? Seriously?

Old 06-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #24
Rookie

dtg2k15's Arena

OVR: 0

God, imagine how much more awesome this would be with NCAA 16 integration!

Nonetheless....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »