Home

NBA 2K15 In Real Life Video (FUNNY)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 In Real Life Video (FUNNY) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2015, 05:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K15 In Real Life Video (FUNNY)

This video is why I laugh at the idea that the movement in 2k is realistic.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #18
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
2k needs way more context sensitive animations on the perimeter and driving. They're really only present in the paint for different dunks, layups, and fouls. This video was spot on with all the cheese. They've got fixed defending on the perimeter as well, so annoying. And even then, the gameplay overall is very good. Just so many nagging issues.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #19
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
The post up hook shot off the side of the backboard at 1:08... so damn annoying since 2k8.
But this is 100% on the user though. If you're that deep by the baseline, why would you ask for that shot over the baseline shoulder? And you do have control over which shoulder you shoot over, btw. There is a lot in the video that for better or worse, makes for fewer exploits in the game.

With that said, these kids are hilarious. Can't wait to see the next one.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 06-20-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
But this is 100% on the user though. If you're that deep by the baseline, why would you ask for that shot over the baseline shoulder? And you do have control over which shoulder you shoot over, btw. There is a lot in the video that for better or worse, makes for fewer exploits in the game.

With that said, these kids are hilarious. Can't wait to see the next one.
There's been a lot of times where an overplay by the defender has closed off the middle of the paint and there's a clear touch of breathing room to the baseline (in real life, more than enough room to squeeze and finish with a hook off glass, just in a tighter proximity). However, the overly elaborate steps taken and the drawn out process of the hook in 2K has historically led a solid number of accidental bizarro hooks to the wrong side of the board.

In short, there have been a ton of times where I found myself in a position where I could easily execute a jump hook if it were real life but in the game, it leads to drawn out glitch shots off the back of the backboard. If nothing else, I always thought some context animations there would greatly help, like the player at least trying to not shoot it into the back of the backboard.

I will admit this though: sometimes I've tried to execute a drop step but my right stick use was too close to calling for a jump hook, so then a jump hook happens by accident and the backboard animation plays out in slow motion, to my horror. Truly would be nice if a "hook" command in tight quarters resulted in a leaning, trying-to-make-it-work-in-a-tough-spot animation instead of blindly going through standard hook procedure all the way to doomsville.

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-20-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #21
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
There's been a lot of times where an overplay by the defender has closed off the middle of the paint and there's a clear touch of breathing room to the baseline (in real life, more than enough room to squeeze and finish with a hook off glass, just in a tighter proximity). However, the overly elaborate steps taken and the drawn out process of the hook in 2K has historically led a solid number of accidental bizarro hooks to the wrong side of the board.

In short, there have been a ton of times where I found myself in a position where I could easily execute a jump hook if it were real life but in the game, it leads to drawn out glitch shots off the back of the backboard. If nothing else, I always thought some context animations there would greatly help, like the player at least trying to not shoot it into the back of the backboard.

I will admit this though: sometimes I've tried to execute a drop step but my right stick use was too close to calling for a jump hook, so then a jump hook happens by accident and the backboard animation plays out in slow motion, to my horror. Truly would be nice if a "hook" command in tight quarters resulted in a leaning, trying-to-make-it-work-in-a-tough-spot animation instead of blindly going through standard hook procedure all the way to doomsville.
But you hit it right on the head. The game's shot system gives you much more choice in the type of shots you take. There's so much, that, sometimes, it's tougher to get the exact one you want, but the ability is there at least. My point was that the game provide the user with the control to NOT get that. Can it be less error prone? Absolutely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 09:29 PM   #22
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

They did this last year and 2K says they fixed everything that was in the video.

Hopefully they do the same this year. In fact I hope they make one of these videos every year.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:36 PM   #23
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
They did this last year and 2K says they fixed everything that was in the video.

Hopefully they do the same this year. In fact I hope they make one of these videos every year.
I don't know about them fixing everything in last year's video. But I'm sure the effort to fix them was there, I guess.

This video? I HOPE they don't fix SOME of those. Like I said, things like the alley oop block prevents people from cheesing alley-oops. And makes double-team actually useful. The RL impact of doubles is that you restrict the vision of the ballhandler. But in the game, he has God-view and a LOT of what makes them effective is killed. So, they chuck the pass. If they "fix" some of these, the impact would not necessarily be good overall.

But I hear what you're saying.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:11 AM   #24
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

OVR: 0
There's a special space reserved in hell for zig-zaggers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »