Home

Project CARS 2 Announced, Project CARS Will Continue Receiving Updates

This is a discussion on Project CARS 2 Announced, Project CARS Will Continue Receiving Updates within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2015, 07:46 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Project CARS 2 Announced, Project CARS Will Continue Receiving Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Io For me the biggest weakness in Project Cars is the lack of cars. No point introducing new disciplines then just throwing in a handful of cars to choose from. With it being announced that Forza 6 will include 450+ cars this issue will become even more of a concern if not addressed.
Despite the assurances I doubt we're going to see too much support or additional content for the existing game.
While it would always be nice to see more cars (and we will), I feel a lot of people complaining about the car choices don't really understand what this game is trying to be. It's a racing game that is focused on actual motorsport and less about driving your favorite street cars like Forza or GT. This is the same reason you can't alter the vehicles with mods and upgrades or even paint your own designs. The sim-racing community that supported this project are mostly PC gamers that played older titles that were simply about the racing (rfactor, iracing, the modding communities for Papyrus' NASCAR title, etc) - not how many cars you can fit into your virtual garage and how you can pimp them out.

Once the oval racing/Indycar DLC comes out, I'll be happy. I'll play Forza if I want to mess around in that cool new sports car the guy down the street going through a mid-life crisis bought.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:52 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
If what people are stumbling across on message boards is true (that the game won't be out til 2017 or later), then the developers need to make that clear in their press release ... and they still have not. It's just bad PR, and it's completely tone-def to a community that has just purchased your game a mere 6 weeks ago.
We already knew they were going to make another game after they decided not to include the rally stuff in Pcars and that was over a year ago. As others have said, it's pretty common for developers to begin work on the next title as soon as the first product hits the shelves.

Sure Pcars has it's problems, but SMS is still a business and as such they need to focus on their new products while continuing to support their already released ones.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #19
Banned

slgrant's Arena

As soon as you trade in PJ cars for PJ cars2, they will be getting ready to drop PJ cars 3!!
Old 06-23-2015, 01:51 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 20

It's highly unlikely I'll buy Project Cars 2 or any other SMS product considering the company released damn close to a beta product with the Xbox One version of Project Cars.

Combine that with the incredibly arrogant attitude shown by SMS Head Ian Bell and WMD investors disguised as moderators on the Project Cars board toward Xbox One customers helping to troubleshoot the countless bugs and vent a bit of frustration, and SMS is on my personal black list of development firms.

The problem with a crowd-funded game like Project Cars is that a megalomaniacal studio head like Bell is surrounded with acolytes who invested in the game, telling him and all consumers who will listen that the game is perfect even though it has more bugs than a No-Pest Strip hanging on a porch on a summer night.

The customer is always wrong in SMSWorld. That's an appalling attitude.

Last edited by pk500; 06-23-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #21
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
It's highly unlikely I'll buy Project Cars 2 or any other SMS product considering the company released damn close to a beta product with the Xbox One version of Project Cars.

Combine that with the incredibly arrogant attitude shown by SMS Head Ian Bell and WMD investors disguised as moderators on the Project Cars board toward Xbox One customers helping to troubleshoot the countless bugs and vent a bit of frustration, and SMS is on my personal black list of development firms.

The problem with a crowd-funded game like Project Cars is that a megalomaniacal studio head like Bell is surrounded with acolytes who invested in the game, telling him and all consumers who will listen that the game is perfect even though it has more bugs than a No-Pest Strip hanging on a porch on a summer night.

The customer is always wrong in SMSWorld. That's an appalling attitude.
Thanks for sharing that opinion. No seriously, I mean it with no sarcasm intended. I've heard wonderful things about PCars and was planning on including it with my eventual XBone purchase (18 months and counting down!...probably) but knowing that PCars 2 is releasing so soon, PCars is a bug-fest that was designed by a bunch of out-of-touch egomaniacs combined with the fact that FM6 looks to be the best yet, maybe I'll pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 02:17 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81
Thanks for sharing that opinion. No seriously, I mean it with no sarcasm intended. I've heard wonderful things about PCars and was planning on including it with my eventual XBone purchase (18 months and counting down!...probably) but knowing that PCars 2 is releasing so soon, PCars is a bug-fest that was designed by a bunch of out-of-touch egomaniacs combined with the fact that FM6 looks to be the best yet, maybe I'll pass.
2017 is "soon"?
Old 06-23-2015, 02:20 PM   #23
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
2017 is "soon"?
yes, 2017 is soon if I don't buy a new console until 2016.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81
Depends on what you want. PCars is a fantastic RACING experience for the Xbox One -- better than Forza 5 -- when it works right, which isn't very often. But SMS, even with its snark, has issued four patches since release in mid-May, with another in the works. The fact a game needs five patches within two months of its release is telling, but at least SMS continues to chip away.

That said, if you want more of a Forza-like car-collecting and driving game, steer clear of PCars. Give it a few months for the bugs to be killed, and you'll likely see a lower retail price, too. It won't be long before PCars is $39.99 or less at retail or on Xbox Live Gold.

Last edited by pk500; 06-23-2015 at 02:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »