Home

Project CARS Patch 1.4 Details - Available Now For PC, PS4 & Xbox One

This is a discussion on Project CARS Patch 1.4 Details - Available Now For PC, PS4 & Xbox One within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Project CARS Racing Icons Car Pack Available Today, 1.4 Patch Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Any feedback on what you've seen so far?
Patch 1.4 has borked the framerate on the XB1 version of the game despite Slightly Mad's claims of improvement.

The problem is bizarre -- the framerate chugs entering a turn, even without a lot of traffic, and then briefly accelerates to seemingly 100 FPS for a split-second. Disorienting as hell and screws up any driving rhythm that's achieved. Project Cars version 1.4 is the only game in 35 years of the hobby that has induced nausea in me.

I check the SMS Project Cars forums often, and other XB1 players are reporting this problem. I cleared my Xbox cache, did a cold boot and installed the game to an external drive. The problem improved, but it's still there.

I fired up Forza 5 last night for the first time since I got Project Cars, for comparison. Project Cars' physics and racing model are flat-out better. But it was so refreshing to play a game with no framerate problems and in which I could concentrate on driving and racing rather than wondering if one of the 58 permutations of controller configurations I was using was the best for me or if the holy grail of controller schemes still evaded me.

I'm probably only giving up on this game for now. It will be good some day, but that day is not today. This is one of the buggiest new releases I've EVER played in 35 years of console gaming.

The price probably will plummet when Forza 6 is released. So I'll get Forza 6 and Project Cars in September and swirl around global tracks in a state of petrol-addled bliss.

UPDATE: Now I'm probably trading in Project Cars and maybe never buying another SMS product again.

I just checked the Project Cars forum and learned I was banned for life for posting diplomatic comments and bug reports very similar to the words and tone I have used here. SMS jacked up the Xbox One version of this game, and it's not facing that reality.

SMS head Ian Bell offered a long-winded, alibi-filled response to my comments, with this final line: "Go away."

Top two posts on this page are my (pk500) exchange with Bell: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-issues/page12 I also made a few measured comments on the previous two pages.

That's fantastic service, berating your loyal customers. Maybe that's the UK way: The customer is always wrong. Screw you, Ian Bell.

Last edited by pk500; 06-20-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #10
Rookie

RNunez187's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Project CARS Racing Icons Car Pack Available Today, 1.4 Patch Coming Soon

I've had a much better experience with performance and the FFB since patch 1.4 on the Xbox One
Old 06-20-2015, 11:34 PM   #11
All Star

Re: Project CARS Patch 1.4 Details - Available Now For PC, PS4 & Xbox One

Well, I had uninstalled this game tonight and was ready to return it. But Project Cars is so much fun to drive in the rare times everything works well that I thought it was worth one more salvage attempt.

So I followed the instructions in this thread, with one exception: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-This-MAY-help

My exception: I kept the game on my internal drive instead of putting it on my external drive. Some of my framerate problems earlier this week seemed to worsen when I moved the game to my external drive.

I changed my Xbox's power settings to Power Save instead of Instant On, which is cool because I don't use Kinect or my Xbox as a TV tuner. I cleared the persistent cache in the Blu-Ray menu and unplugged my power brick for a hard reboot. Then I reinstalled the entire game.

Mea culpa: This worked.

Framerates still seem a tad slow, but they're consistent. No more chugs and hyperspurts. This game is playable again. I'm just keeping it on the default controls and learning to drive various cars without worrying about 41 different possible controller permutations I've tried.

So far, so good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2015, 11:56 PM   #12
All Star

The framerate problem returned tonight on my Xbox One despite using all of the SMS-prescribed workarounds. Project Cars is a buggy mess on the XB1.

I've had it with this game. It will be traded in this weekend if the 30 percent Best Buy trade-in offer still stands.

Games are supposed to be relaxing fun. The numerous bugs in Project Cars on the Xbox One raise my blood pressure and irritate the sh*t out of me.

Bring on Forza 6!
Old 06-24-2015, 09:00 AM   #13
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

PK, that nonsense from Bell is unbelievable. You were very civil and complimentary of the game, simply offering a few concerns and that's how he responds?

For a game that took so many years and delays to publish, and was funded by fans, you'd think he be a little more appreciative of feed back and less of an *******.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:25 PM   #14
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

On the PS4, the game is certainly much smoother. There is still some graphical tearing, but the framerate is improved and the ghosting is gone. And saving HUD changes actually works.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #15
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
PK, that nonsense from Bell is unbelievable. You were very civil and complimentary of the game, simply offering a few concerns and that's how he responds?

For a game that took so many years and delays to publish, and was funded by fans, you'd think he be a little more appreciative of feed back and less of an *******.
Yep. A pompous prick. Another reason why I refuse to cling to this buggy mess of a game even though I was so looking forward to this title.

Such promise, evaporated.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »