Home

Project CARS Patch 2.0 Details Revealed, No Release Date Announced

This is a discussion on Project CARS Patch 2.0 Details Revealed, No Release Date Announced within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #9
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Project CARS Patch 2.0 Details Revealed, No Release Date Announced

Audio rebalancing at last. Plays fine on Xbox to me but I had to quit because the lack of tire vol feedback made it imposible to get a good feel for the grip. Wish they would have given its own slider but I can hopefully make due with their tweaking. Some cars had zero volume for tire noise even if you sat turning donuts.

I am sure a lot of the Xbox flames are from people who dont own one or both and buy into the SDFs constant posturing that the PS4 is some how 200% faster on paper even though the reality has been about 2%. That and the fact Xbox owners have been spoiled by Forza...which it looks will regain its standing as best sim once 6 releases.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:11 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't really think you can call Forza a true sim, but I can see where people could be spoiled by the quality of Forza.

― Plato
Old 06-27-2015, 12:49 PM   #11
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't really think you can call Forza a true sim, but I can see where people could be spoiled by the quality of Forza.
Depends on how you define a sim. Tire/grip model in Forza is well ahead of PC. Physics are a draw, each game with strong and weak points.

I don't subscribe to idea that a game being harder to control makes it more of a sim. I think most average people could drive a camero down the 101 at a decent clip before struggling. By their nature cars are easy to drive. Th difficulty should come from driving them on the edge, not just driving them. This is were I think many sims fail by making modest driving difficult.

If you count all the race day features as making a sim, then, agreed Forza misses the mark. It is basically a sim engine wrapped in an arcade ladder career. T10 also caters to a more mass market with damage models and no relative pit strategy or flags. Online, with your racing mates, it is silky smooth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Patch just released on PC.

Final notes in case anything changed or was cut: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1023669

Last edited by bcruise; 06-30-2015 at 02:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »