Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Gameplay Video - Arnold Palmer Invitational & More Details

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Gameplay Video - Arnold Palmer Invitational & More Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
Rookie

LincSink's Arena

OVR: 5
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Gameplay Video - Arnold Palmer Invitational & More Details

Check out the new Rory McIlroy PGA Tour gameplay video, utilizing the new "Quick Rounds" feature.

The gameplay coverage begins during the second round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational at the Bayhill Club & Lounge in Orlando, Florida. After watching the video, make sure you post your thoughts!

EA Access subscribers can start playing on July 9 for 10 hours. The game ships on July 14th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

UPDATE: EA Sports has posted a new Rory McIlroy PGA Tour blog detailing the Quick Rounds feature, crowd and tournament structures, Golf Channel integration, BOSE Big Hit moments, Heartbeat moments, camera angles and broadcast presentation.

Quote:
New to this year’s game is the Quick Rounds feature, which provides a selection of holes to play each round of a tournament, rather than requiring players to complete all 18 holes each day. You’ll enter each day of the tournament at a different point in the round, with simulated holes based on your player’s ratings and attribute bonuses.

Once you’ve played your selection of holes, the remainder of the round (if you don’t finish on 18) will also be simulated. Players will always complete the final holes on the last day of a tournament, so the ultimate outcome is always up to you.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 08:10 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Gameplay from EA Finally

Pretty nice work presentation wise.

I loved the gallery but just have a few small critiques.

I think the celebrations (for making shots) was a bit over the top.

Putt that ended nine feet away was called a great putt and a tap in.

Again I think they did some great work with the overlay and presentation. I hope they don't play that little song after every hole that's reserved for when we go to commercials when watching on TV though because that will get old fast.

After watching this, the attention they put into detail is incredible and is probably why the number of courses is so low.

Thanks for sharing the video!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

just when i finally decided to skip this year due to the lack of courses, this video may just end up changing my mind. (Will most likely pick it up used)
Old 06-29-2015, 08:19 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
After watching this, the attention they put into detail is incredible and is probably why the number of courses is so low.
I agree. HOPEFULLY though, they were working on the courses this whole time and just weren't able to get them in.. and that they'll be (at least some) will be free DLC (again Torrey and Pebble at least if they're there need to be free, others I'll work with. (ALSO just to throw it out there since I live like 20 mins north of TPC River Highlands (where this past tourney the Travelers was played)... I like that course too (which they had as DLC for 14 or 13).... hopefully that makes the cut too.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:40 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I agree. HOPEFULLY though, they were working on the courses this whole time and just weren't able to get them in.. and that they'll be (at least some) will be free DLC (again Torrey and Pebble at least if they're there need to be free, others I'll work with. (ALSO just to throw it out there since I live like 20 mins north of TPC River Highlands (where this past tourney the Travelers was played)... I like that course too (which they had as DLC for 14 or 13).... hopefully that makes the cut too.
Amen to all of this, including River Highlands. We live near each other apparently. Plus that's fun on a video game because it's a birdie fest
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 08:42 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

Looks really good. Does anyone have any problem with the camera? I think it's probably what I would choose to use myself.

I like Lerner and Nobilo.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Looks really good. Does anyone have any problem with the camera? I think it's probably what I would choose to use myself.

I like Lerner and Nobilo.
I'm not crazy about that camera but like that and other things (ball trail, putt preview) that I should be able to toggle on/off or change I tried to not let that change my opinion of the video.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
Amen to all of this, including River Highlands. We live near each other apparently. Plus that's fun on a video game because it's a birdie fest
Oh that's cool, where you at?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »