Home

NHL 16 Screenshots - Stinger (Columbus Blue Jackets) & Bailey (Los Angeles Kings)

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Screenshots - Stinger (Columbus Blue Jackets) & Bailey (Los Angeles Kings) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2015, 12:21 AM   #17
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 16 Screenshots - Stinger (Columbus Blue Jackets) & Bailey (Los Angeles Kings)

I already know the Gameplay will be the same as last year.... Bad

so having said that the snapshots here look great!!
the reflections and the textures are looking real good, and I like the subtle depth of field action going on

but yeah agreed!!
Old 06-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #18
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 16 Screenshots - Stinger (Columbus Blue Jackets) & Bailey (Los Angeles Kings)

I've got no problem with them adding this stuff to the game.

Where I have a problem with this is the fact they are showing this stuff off, rather than showing us any videos or anything else related to the actual game play they say has been improved.

That being said... the screens look nice, but I think we all expected that since last years looked great as it was.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

Here's the thing....... NHL is the last game to release in the fall I think. Rory is coming out shortly, Madden is August I believe, and isn't FIFA before NHL? If that's the case, they were right to focus on Madden and FIFA. NOt only is it their big money makers, but summertime hockey news goes over like a lead balloon, especially in the States.

NBCSN apparently drew 225,000 folks to watch the draft last week. That's not very much. So why put out videos right now that only hardcore folks will get all wet over? If there's any chance at making a buzz, it's with stuff like this, so maybe the kids see it.

End of July, into August is when we will see gameplay videos I think. When people are thinking more about hockey, and have already purchased Madden.........
Old 06-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Glad to see some real attention to presentation during the past 2 releases.
Compared to Madden/The Shows/etc. NHL in the PS3/360 era really was a mockery of EA Sports "It's in the game" slogan.

Seeing these unique arena elements really helps break up the monotony of the 82 game schedule.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:01 AM   #21
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Geeze, are we really going to go through every teams mascot like this? If they're releasing high quality screenshots, I'd prefer to see some more new player faces in game.

All other obvious issues aside, that comparison shot of Kane in 15 vs. 16 that was floating around before was actually pretty great, you'd think they'd try to cash in on that side a little more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 11:07 AM   #22
Rookie

Smutka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
Here's the thing....... NHL is the last game to release in the fall I think. Rory is coming out shortly, Madden is August I believe, and isn't FIFA before NHL? If that's the case, they were right to focus on Madden and FIFA. NOt only is it their big money makers, but summertime hockey news goes over like a lead balloon, especially in the States.

NBCSN apparently drew 225,000 folks to watch the draft last week. That's not very much. So why put out videos right now that only hardcore folks will get all wet over? If there's any chance at making a buzz, it's with stuff like this, so maybe the kids see it.

End of July, into August is when we will see gameplay videos I think. When people are thinking more about hockey, and have already purchased Madden.........
FIFA comes late september and NHL comes out about two weeks after madden and there is tons of material shown for it
Old 06-30-2015, 11:25 AM   #23
Banned

HarryHood059's Arena

Re: Bailey (Kings) and Stinger (Blue Jackets) Are in NHL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I say this with nothing but love, but this is one of the most tired things anybody can say whenever something is shown (and it's inevitably something people say every year for every sports game). It's honestly trolling, and you should try to avoid it.

If you have nothing to say on topic, just move on next time.
my post is very much on topic, as well as being on-point.

so, please explain to me how this is trolling?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #24
Banned

HarryHood059's Arena

Re: Bailey (Kings) and Stinger (Blue Jackets) Are in NHL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
You do realize there are different departments for different things right? IE gameplay, game modes, visuals, etc.
yup, i sure do

and i stand by my post

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »