Home

NHL 16 Screenshots - Stinger (Columbus Blue Jackets) & Bailey (Los Angeles Kings)

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Screenshots - Stinger (Columbus Blue Jackets) & Bailey (Los Angeles Kings) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2015, 11:51 AM   #25
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Bailey (Kings) and Stinger (Blue Jackets) Are in NHL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHood059
my post is very much on topic, as well as being on-point.

so, please explain to me how this is trolling?
At a base level, it's simply not on topic Harry. I mean just flip it around, and if I came into a gameplay thread and said, "why are they working on gameplay, show me the mascots that's all that matters." This thread is not about gameplay.

If you want to be concerned about the marketing of the game, or what the team is working on, then create a new thread and talk about there in an articulate manner, and you're good to go.

There's a ToS (terms of service) here at OS for a reason, and it's to have rules like these so flame wars hopefully don't break out all over the place.

I hope you understand, not trying to be combative, just trying to keep every thread from devolving into the same stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bailey (Kings) and Stinger (Blue Jackets) Are in NHL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHood059
yup, i sure do

and i stand by my post
Then you should realize that the guys that work on gameplay ARE NOT the same people that work on presentation.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #27

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NHL 16 Screenshots - Stinger (Columbus Blue Jackets) & Bailey (Los Angeles Kings)

Guys this thread is not about gameplay.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #28
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NHL 16 Screenshots - Stinger (Columbus Blue Jackets) & Bailey (Los Angeles Kings)

I'm usually pretty meh on additions like these, but I think it's much needed in NHL.

Hockey games are incredibly fun to be at, anything they can do to make the atmosphere better is welcomed especially after goals.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:59 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
Here's the thing....... NHL is the last game to release in the fall I think. Rory is coming out shortly, Madden is August I believe, and isn't FIFA before NHL? If that's the case, they were right to focus on Madden and FIFA. NOt only is it their big money makers, but summertime hockey news goes over like a lead balloon, especially in the States.

NBCSN apparently drew 225,000 folks to watch the draft last week. That's not very much. So why put out videos right now that only hardcore folks will get all wet over? If there's any chance at making a buzz, it's with stuff like this, so maybe the kids see it.

End of July, into August is when we will see gameplay videos I think. When people are thinking more about hockey, and have already purchased Madden.........
Except that E3 took place at the same time the Cup Finals had wrapped-up.

PES and FIFA come out in September and both have released full gameplay video's while the NHL team has given us a 6-second gif and mascots.

That's why people are flipping out over stupid things like a Stinger Reveal.

What I don't understand is why those who've played the game at E3 refuse (or neglect) to answer any questions.

Maybe I'm ignorant of this, but does anyone who plays the demo at E3 have to sign a NDA?
If not, then why not give us some details about how the gameplay is different?
I know many have asked - IS PLAYER SEPARATION better this year???
And the response is crickets.
Are the moderators trying to cover EA's behinds because Rammer comes on here 3x a year to chat with us peasants and they don't want to lose that golden goose?

If I'm producing a game that is niche and far behind the NBA and NFL titles of the world, I think I'd want to pump the crap out of it at hardcore sites like OS.
The only reason I wouldn't is if I have something to hide - like repetitive gameplay that's been around since NHL08.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:02 PM   #30
Banned

HarryHood059's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

PES and FIFA come out in September and both have released full gameplay video's while the NHL team has given us a 6-second gif and mascots.

What I don't understand is why those who've played the game at E3 refuse (or neglect) to answer any questions.

Maybe I'm ignorant of this, but does anyone who plays the demo at E3 have to sign a NDA?
Are the moderators trying to cover EA's behinds because Rammer comes on here 3x a year to chat with us peasants and they don't want to lose that golden goose?

If I'm producing a game that is niche and far behind the NBA and NFL titles of the world, I think I'd want to pump the crap out of it at hardcore sites like OS.
The only reason I wouldn't is if I have something to hide - like repetitive gameplay that's been around since NHL08.
think you pretty much nailed it. we've been down this road before and to expect a different result, well.... fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice ....

also, i just cannot comprehend people covering for EA's lack of everything- NO GAMEPLAY VIDEOS AT AN ENTERTAINMENT EXPO????, communication, game modes, etc., it just doesn't make any sense to me and a host of other members at all.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:05 PM   #31
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm all for the addition of mascots, but they won't do much to add to the atmosphere in game if it's still all feeling pretty stale, between the on ice action, and the crowd. Cutting to a mascot high fiving a guy doesn't do much for me when I score a goal with 3 seconds left in OT and the crowd sounds the exact same as when I score a goal to pad a 7-1 lead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 07:21 PM   #32
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...1&postcount=57

-I did this last night.

-And no, nobody has to sign an NDA at E3.

-I would hardly say any sports game has been just doling out oodles of video via E3. It just didn't really happen for the most part. More than NHL sure, but let's not act like it's just a fountain of footage for games that are proving how every game is being upfront and NHL is not.

-And there is no mass conspiracy to deprive you of info via all media outlets, at least not that I'm aware of at this point.

-The mods are not trying to cover EA's behind.

-We wrote about the game at least in some fashion. We can't control what other sites write about.

-The game is in the best shape I've seen it in my last five E3s in terms of polish. Whether you like the core gameplay is up to you to decide, but rarely if ever is the core of a game going to change year to year in any sports game.

-I don't have a problem with this rant because at least it has some girth to it, but try to avoid doing this in these threads overall. (Like, if you have a big problem with the core gameplay, then you can make a thread and detail why you don't think it's changed if you don't think it's been covered enough by others here already.) If you want to talk about this lack of info, just make a new thread to do it rather than justifying why you're doing it in this particular thread. After all, we don't control EA's PR or when they release stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »