Home

NHL 16 Q&A Update - EASHL, Rookie Availability, No Face-Off Changes or Advanced Stats

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Update - EASHL, Rookie Availability, No Face-Off Changes or Advanced Stats within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHood059
this game, but more importantly EA itself, is a joke!

there's no way people phrased their questions the way EA makes you believe they did. they're controlling the message all the while trying to make it look like actual customers/fans are asking these questions. do they really think people are that stupid?

but, the real kicker of it is they make themselves look that much more stupid by hyping aspects of this game that no one wants (mascots), returning, yet still lacking features that were already in the game on PS3, etc

i mean, seriously. anybody that tries and defend these antics is either brainwashed or a sucker! i wish another developer would make a proper next-gen ice hockey game.

EA IS A JOKE!
It's probably the case that EA NHL is hand picking the questions, but I gotta say, they are being pretty open and more transparent compared to past years. The old chats from 4-5 years ago, they would rarely bite on a question when the answer wasn't what the fans want to hear. They are at least acknowledging that a lot of stuff isn't in the game and sometimes explaining their reasoning. I can respect that.

I do wish someone else would make a hockey game too.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #10
Banned

HarryHood059's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - EASHL, Rookie Availability, No Face-Off Changes or Advanced S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I'm sorry, but this is rather inflammatory, and it doesn't need to be because your points are there somewhere buried below the hyperbole. Like, I hear you, I get what you're saying overall:

-"EA itself, is a joke." Not a great call to do this. Maybe it's your opinion, but it's not how we generally try to do things here when possible. You can say "I don't like EA and all that" but try to do a better job articulating it than just starting off a post by saying "Company X sucks" in so many words.

-You don't like the questions being answered. Fair point. It's an internal thing run by EA though, so like are you really surprised? Is a company going to skewer itself? Also, it's not a great look to go conspiracy theory and say "EA is making up these questions." I think your point was already made before you threw that in and sort of invalidated it.

-You don't like aspects of their marketing campaign. However, the game is not made just for you, and they have to show off things they've done, even if not every one hits on what you want. It doesn't make them "look stupid" to do this just because it doesn't jive with what you want and expect.

-"Anybody who supports this game is a sucker or an idiot." This is basically what you said to end your post, and it's one I can't justify in any way. This is just straight trolling. You can't say stuff like this, please don't in the future.

-"I wish somebody else would make a proper next-gen hockey game." -- You're so close here! I do wish other teams were making next-gen hockey too, but just take out the "proper" next time and we're good to go!
yes, it is my opinion, but it's based upon facts. and the facts dictate that EA http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea...year-in-a-row/ has repeatedly been ranked as the worst company in america. to everyone on here this is no secret.

granted that's a couple years old, but EA still hasn't gotten the point

also, please explain to me how i am trolling you/subject when i am posting my entitled opinion, the same as you are able to do?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #11
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - EASHL, Rookie Availability, No Face-Off Changes or Advanced S

Quote:
yes, it is my opinion, but it's based upon facts. and the facts dictate that EA http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea...year-in-a-row/ has repeatedly been ranked as the worst company in america. to everyone on here this is no secret.

granted that's a couple years old, but EA still hasn't gotten the point

also, please explain to me how i am trolling you/subject when i am posting my entitled opinion, the same as you are able to do?
Harry I already explained all of this in my last post. I'm not sure what else there is to say here. Nobody is saying you can't be unhappy about the game or answers, but calling the development team the worst and liars -- and then more or less saying anybody who likes the game is a moron -- is basically a personal attack.

Last edited by ChaseB; 06-30-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 06:02 PM   #12
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Definitely another bummer that the faceoff system isn't getting re-tooled. It's been a bit of a let down for a little while now. I would love to have more command of the actual faceoff, and even better, where your guys go when you win one.

It would be great to set defenders to pinch in on a won draw, and try a shot from the high slot.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #13
Banned

HarryHood059's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Harry I already explained all of this in my last post. I'm not sure what else there is to say here. Nobody is saying you can't be unhappy about the game or answers, but calling the development team the worst and liars -- and then more or less saying anybody who likes the game is a moron -- is basically a personal attack.
i hear you, but i really don't feel like i'm trolling.

pretty sure trolling is if i make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the AIM of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them, correct??

i was making a general statement and basically "calling it like i see it", not really looking for a response. what people feel/post regarding what they're commenting on is on them as i have no control over how another individual feels. pretty sure we're all adults here, and if someone thought i was personally attacking them from what i posted... well, i just don't see the connection, but if indeed it was you that felt attacked, then buddy, i apologize.

you're right, i am unhappy about what we are allowed to know of this year's game, lack of answers, etc., and obviously i'm not alone in feeling this way.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:11 PM   #14
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
i hear you, but i really don't feel like i'm trolling.

pretty sure trolling is if i make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the AIM of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them, correct??

i was making a general statement and basically "calling it like i see it", not really looking for a response. what people feel/post regarding what they're commenting on is on them as i have no control over how another individual feels. pretty sure we're all adults here, and if someone thought i was personally attacking them from what i posted... well, i just don't see the connection, but if indeed it was you that felt attacked, then buddy, i apologize.

you're right, i am unhappy about what we are allowed to know of this year's game, lack of answers, etc., and obviously i'm not alone in feeling this way.
Trolling can be done to anger a user and also just try to incite others to have to step in after over the top hyperbole, which is what I did here with your posts -- I outlined that all above (calling everybody stupid who likes the game and so on).

The bolded is also another thing that's just not worth doing. Don't act like you're speaking for a congregation, just speak for yourself. You don't have to feel the need to be on a crusade for others.

I'm going to step aside now, but high fives and hugs, I hope we're on the same page now.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:42 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

The unofficial definition of trolling:

Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Also wondering if McDavid will have his picture and likeness in the game already? I can't remember other Junior League guys having their picture ready.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 07:44 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Okay that's enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »