Home

FIFA 16 No Touch Dribbling Details and Video

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 No Touch Dribbling Details and Video within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2015, 07:02 PM   #9
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 No Touch Dribbling Details and Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Back in my day there was like 4 buttons you had to play fifa (or sports in general) I feel badish for a kid that starts playing a game like this when they are 6. So many things to learn and implement. No wonder CoD is a fan favorite. So simple
You can still play FIFA with three buttons (pass, shoot, sprint) and have fun with the game. You can also go full manual and learn every modifier and have fun. That's one of the beautiful things about the game (IMO), it's as intricate as you want it to be.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:25 PM   #10
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

So we're pushing trick moves as new features now EA Sports? My guess would be that it's only going to get abused.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #11
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Looks pretty cool, but I'd need some hands-on time to judge accurately. That being said, if they aren't being truthful about the improvements to defense, this will just make the offense that much more overpowered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Back in my day there was like 4 buttons you had to play fifa (or sports in general) I feel badish for a kid that starts playing a game like this when they are 6. So many things to learn and implement. No wonder CoD is a fan favorite. So simple
I agree. It's not just FIFA, it's all sports games.
I was a fan of some of the fancier control schemes when they were first introduced, but now I'm not so sure.
The players skill now lies solely on the stick-skills of the user. It's as if the attributes only play 50% of the part as to how good your players will be.

I wish there was an optional 2-4 button control scheme where if you simply press a 'skill' button, the player will attempt a skill move such as this.
And it should be contextual so a no-touch dribble will only take place if you're facing a defender head-on.
And of course, if the player you're controlling has terrible dribbling skills, then he won't be able to execute a no-touch move, or if he does, he'll fail more than he succeeds.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #13
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I agree. It's not just FIFA, it's all sports games.
I was a fan of some of the fancier control schemes when they were first introduced, but now I'm not so sure.
The players skill now lies solely on the stick-skills of the user. It's as if the attributes only play 50% of the part as to how good your players will be.

I wish there was an optional 2-4 button control scheme where if you simply press a 'skill' button, the player will attempt a skill move such as this.
And it should be contextual so a no-touch dribble will only take place if you're facing a defender head-on.
And of course, if the player you're controlling has terrible dribbling skills, then he won't be able to execute a no-touch move, or if he does, he'll fail more than he succeeds.
There is a 2 button option. Whether or not skill is on the scheme i don't know.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
There is a 2 button option. Whether or not skill is on the scheme i don't know.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I'll have to check that out. I hope a 'skill' or 'deke' button would be included.
I'd still like to have these weapons at my disposal, but I'm such a bad gamer, pulling them off is near impossible for my limited thumb-skills.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #15
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Skill moves are too high-risk for me, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've attempted a skill move in a player vs. player match. Even if the button input was simplified the timing and conditions have to be just right, and I'm assuming this year's emphasis on defense will make it even tougher.

Keep in mind this has nothing to do with no-touch dribbling or how effective it is in comparison to skill-stick moves.

Last edited by Turbojugend; 07-02-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #16
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

I'm not really a fan of "mad skillz" dribbling and stuff. I do like the idea of having more freedom to use the ball and the body of the player to deceive the opponent, though.

For me, it may be a big plus because i play heavily based on ground passes and exploring open lanes, and sometimes, all you have to do to force an opening on the defense is a little juke, to make the defender think you're going to one side when you're going to the other.

Fun fact: The video shows Messi doing a dribble made famous by often forgotten Brazilian legend Garrincha.

Just search for "Garrincha Dribles" on YouTube and you'll see what I'm talking about

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »