Home

NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Wild, Red Wings, Flames, Capitals)

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Wild, Red Wings, Flames, Capitals) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #9
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 16 Distinct Team Arena Atmosphere Details and Screenshots

The Joe is lookin good! Right down to the paint on the walls between the upper and lower bowls. Nicely done. Even looks like they've got the "Standing" parts on the walls for the standing room sections. Pretty cool attention to detail.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
All the EA Games have been at "1080p" this gen I believe? At least it says on the back of the box that's the case. I think on Xbox One they maybe are like 940p or whatever the controversy sometimes is but yeah.
wasn't the demo in 720?
Old 07-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #11
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
a another EA Sports blooper

who can spot the blooper , in those screen shots, all arenas have netting on both sides not just 1 side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 08:53 PM   #12
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Question. Will we see this as part of the presentation during a game, or are these taken using the replay camera in the game?
Old 07-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #13
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Looks like I will finally consider buying this time. Used to buy every year but I am now skipping a year when it comes to EA games.

Last edited by Rules; 07-04-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:27 PM   #14
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: a another EA Sports blooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
who can spot the blooper , in those screen shots, all arenas have netting on both sides not just 1 side.
If you're talking about the Scotiabank Saddledome screenshot, you may need your eyes checked. It DOES have the netting on both sides.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #15
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10
wonder if an octopus gets thrown on the ice in Detroit after a hat trick LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2015, 01:25 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Ideally, Nashville's arena should have:

Quote:
Pregame

-- Gnash (the Predators' mascot) jumps off a ramp set up in the Zamboni tunnel and launches out onto to the ice while riding his ATV, followed right behind by the Nashville ice dancers on foot. If the Predators win, Gnash will usually jump out on his ATV again and do some donuts once the ice is cleared. For his alternate entrance, Gnash also likes to rappel down to the ice from the roof on a cable, or just swing back and forth across the ice on a cable.

Warmup

-- A giant sabertooth tiger head covers the home player tunnel, and all the Predators skate out from the gap in the mouth.

During Periods

-- Dancers with pom poms are up in the stands sitting crouched down on the steps during live play and dancing in the aisles during stoppages.
-- Real catfish being thrown from the stands onto the ice at random points during important games.
-- Gnash plays pranks on attending fans of the away team (like pouring sticky feathers on them, dumping water on them, or giving them a pie to the face).

Fan Chants

I don't think you can say the words "suck" or "sucks" in an E-rated game, so that probably rules out 75% of the chants Nashville's crowd uses.

I'd settle for these five:

-- PEK-KA, PEK-KA, PEK-KA, PEK-KA (after an impressive save)
-- LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* *STOMP* (whenever the game is tight in a key moment, or the team needs a pick-me-up)
-- THANKS, PAUL! (right after the PA announcer says there's 1 minute remaining in the period)
-- Actual live goose calls being sounded from the stands whenever Paul Gaustad takes the ice.
-- A sustained chorus of boos from the crowd any time Ryan Suter has the puck on his stick, which is often when the Wild come to town.

During Intermission

-- Rock and country music bands play live music up on the end zone band stage between the first and second periods. It'd be cool to see a quick shot of this happening during the period breaks.
Realistically, I expect none of this to happen, except maybe the plastic sabertooth tiger head that hangs up in the rafters and descends to the ice for warmups.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-04-2015 at 01:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »