Home

Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Cover Athlete For WWE 2K16

This is a discussion on Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Cover Athlete For WWE 2K16 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #17
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Stone Cold Steve Austin is the Cover Athlete For WWE 2K16

I wonder if you will be able to shower the corporation with Steveweisers.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2015, 11:56 AM   #18
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

While I agree that the gaming trend for this company -- cherrypicking what parts of their own history to tell (and revise...) -- will hit a point of diminishing returns (you're already at a point where your core demographic of kids, since this is a PG rated construct, weren't alive when Stone Cold was wrestling...), I personally enjoy the throwback to the Attitude Era. The trailer was cool.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:57 AM   #19
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1
Hopefully he gets his vest in his entrance this time
Old 07-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #20
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

I absolutely hate relying on the past. This is the 2016 edition not the 1996 edition. I would honestly be fine if there wasn't a single legend in the game, with Rock, Taker, and Austin being the exceptions. All the other old wrestlers I just never use. I want as complete of a current roster as possible, all the way down to the jobbers. I want as deep of an NXT roster as possible, as it's the best thing going in the western hemisphere. This year they had the perfect opportunity to utilize how white hot NXT is right now. Finn Balor just won the NXT championship, they could have capitalized on that. If I'm designing the cover, you go with a past, present, future theme. Have your Austin on there, but there's no excuse why Brock Lesnar is not on the cover, and Finn Balor should be as well. They should have had all three on there with Lesnar being front and center.

But whatever, it's just a cover, give me a full roster and a fairly deep NXT roster and I'll be buying the game without second guessing. But I'll damn sure not touch those legends.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:06 PM   #21
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
I think the cover looks good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #22
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I don't see the issue personally. Make a game with attitude era stars and I'll buy it every year. Release it with bare minimum to none, I'll never buy.

I could care less about the showcases Etc. It's all about the roster and universe to me.
Great! I haven't been a fan of wrestling since the mid 90's to early 2000's. It's unbearable more me to watch now. I cant name a single superstar from this period outside of Lesnar and Cena. I loved the Attitude Era, though. The more superstars and venues we have from that era, the more likely I am to buy. They don't have to retell those old storylines; let me create my own in universe mode. It'd be cool to create a universe featuring the stars (my favorite) from that period on these more powerful consoles.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:56 PM   #23
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Glad to see Stone Cold on the cover, just hope they focus more on the guys and girls we have now. For the same reasons as Wisco said. As someone who posts their Universe on here I would rather have more current wrestlers than old ones. But they say this is the "largest roster" to date so we will have to wait and see on that respect. End of the day it's just a cover

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 07-06-2015, 01:08 PM   #24
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
It seems to be pretty split down the middle as for what gamers want from wwe 2k16. Some want a larger current rosters while others want a roster filled with legends. I think a lot depends on age and what modes you like to play. Me being a gamer pushing 40 I prefer the legends. I think I prefer them in my wrestling game the same way I prefer them in my NBA 2k games and that is to bring me back to a time where I really enjoyed the sport. It gives me a chance to relive classic match ups and also create my own. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate the current state of the WWE but it sure doesn't match up or equal anything I grew up watching. Keep putting in legends and classic game modes 2k and you'll get my money every year, if you stop though then I stop as well.

Now Austin on the cover....about Damn time! What if the game mode was an Austin history timeline? Covering his run as US Champ in WCW against Steamboat, Dustin Rhodes, and Barry Windham...(it would be sweet if they could get Windham and Bobby Eaton in the game) then all they way up through his rise in WWE. That would be an awesome game mode and it would cover a lot of different wrestling eras.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »