Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trailer - Golf Without Limits

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trailer - Golf Without Limits within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Well thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to enter a forum and offer your substantive insights on a game based on a sport you find boring. That was truly magnanimous of you!
you completely misread my post. I was fake quoting EA as stating golf is boring and that they won't make a game for an adult audience.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #10
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trailer - Golf Without Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
you completely misread my post. I was fake quoting EA as stating golf is boring and that they won't make a game for an adult audience.
Okay, I see what you did... I didn't pick up what you meant by EA to everyone... I'll go back and edit my response to something more fitting... Sorry about that!
Old 07-06-2015, 04:03 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #12
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

They could've done better....much better. I really hate how they've emphised the fantasy stuff in their marketing for this game. If you really enjoye the sport and the pga tour, you shouldn't need a battleship to peak your interest for a GOLF game.

Last edited by jbd345; 07-06-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 13

Does anyone else remember a long time ago (way back when) there used to be this illustrated book of "Most Impossible Golf Courses" or something to that effect, where they would take photographs of the Grand Canyon, for instance, and then hand draw in fairways and greens to make these "fantasy" courses? I feel like the developers of this game remember it, because some of those fantasy courses very much remind of what they did in that book (many decades ago...).
Old 07-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I personally think the game looks incredible. I also don't mind that they are attempting to appeal to many different audiences. I love playing more of a simulation golf style but must admit that some of those fantasy games look pretty fun.

I'm still happy with my preorder, except ordering a day before seeing the Amazon prime deal....
Old 07-06-2015, 06:38 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Not even going to comment on the fantasy courses, we've beat that to death around here. Although it's funny that there's another golf title out there too that is 100% "fantasy courses".
I don't have any issue with a course not being a real life course that we see on TV.

A few years ago they had a real nice "fantasy" course located in Japan. Don't remember the exact name but I think it had the word Dragon in it. I think it was a little longer than what you get in a PGA course but with the way the game was designed then it was okay.

I would actually welcome fictional courses as long as they actually look like golf courses. I just wish they would go that route rather than the crazy Lord of the Rings looking courses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

you guys realize they are trying to cater to everyone right? They have courses and settings for the hard core sim guys, they have the classic mode for people who just want to relax and shoot -18 every round, and then they have the crazy stuff to appeal to kids and other people who wouldnt even think twice about buying a golf game if it was just a "hardcore sim"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »