Home

NBA Live 16: Game Shows Potential, But What Are You Looking For?

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16: Game Shows Potential, But What Are You Looking For? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2015, 07:46 PM   #17
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 16: Game Shows Potential, But What Are You Looking For?

Franchise. More depth in that mode. Mimic Madden and I would be happy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
NBA Live 16: Game Shows Potential, But What Are You Looking For?

I'm pretty satisfied with the gameplay and I know it will progress in Live 16. But from a presentation aspect and being the only sports game with ESPN broadcast. I'd love for them to implement the ESPN ticker like NCAA 14 had.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:06 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ha anyone noticed how 2k is more like Live? all the comparisons to 2k, live got a lot of what they have from Live franchise.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

There is some early impressions that are conflicting with each other. One person stated that the game is more responsive when talking about the controls, and some dribble moves really give you a nice first step. Another person stated that they had some trouble getting players to start moving. This is huge for me. If the game doesn't respond to my controls, I can't play it. It will be a chore.

Player differentiation aside, the game is meant to represent some of the best basketball athletes in the world, and I need to see it and feel it when I am playing the game. Here's an example - If I see a wide open man and make the pass, depending on how much space there is around the receiver, I shouldn't always have a defender in my face by the time I catch the ball. Of course, a defender should be able to recover sometimes, as well. So we need that response from the animations, on both sides of the ball. That will help create the grind and chess matches that should make every basket or stop quite satisfying.

I don't just want the game to speed up it's animations. That's not the problem in most cases. It's how quickly they activate when you provide input. There needs to be a consistency of that input response across all areas of movement on both offense and defense, while still maintaining the disparity of players talents and abilities.

I want to be able to read, react, adjust and readjust in real-time to gameplay situations.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #21
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychitown312
Ha anyone noticed how 2k is more like Live? all the comparisons to 2k, live got a lot of what they have from Live franchise.
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 01:58 PM   #22
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
There is some early impressions that are conflicting with each other. One person stated that the game is more responsive when talking about the controls, and some dribble moves really give you a nice first step. Another person stated that they had some trouble getting players to start moving. This is huge for me. If the game doesn't respond to my controls, I can't play it. It will be a chore.

Player differentiation aside, the game is meant to represent some of the best basketball athletes in the world, and I need to see it and feel it when I am playing the game. Here's an example - If I see a wide open man and make the pass, depending on how much space there is around the receiver, I shouldn't always have a defender in my face by the time I catch the ball. Of course, a defender should be able to recover sometimes, as well. So we need that response from the animations, on both sides of the ball. That will help create the grind and chess matches that should make every basket or stop quite satisfying.

I don't just want the game to speed up it's animations. That's not the problem in most cases. It's how quickly they activate when you provide input. There needs to be a consistency of that input response across all areas of movement on both offense and defense, while still maintaining the disparity of players talents and abilities.

I want to be able to read, react, adjust and readjust in real-time to gameplay situations.
Excellent points, P-Dub. I was playing Live last night and thought to myself how "the game within the game" aspect was lacking. Immersion is huge for me and very quickly a game can become stale.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #23
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

From what I seen things are looking very very good....EXCEPT the animations. I know everyone is for all physics but I think for this game to get over the hump they are going to have to compromise a little bit. You are not going to get a game to looks and plays like real life hoops without adding some animations in there that may take away a little control from the user. If they just did that this game would no doubt be a 8.5-9.5. It already has top notch graphics and presentation. It's the gameplay that is holding this title back from greatness. Things just have to be more fluid and realistic. Because no matter how much control you give me over my players it doesn't mean anything if they look like rock em sock em robots playing on hardwood.

Another thing they need to add is complete slider manipulation options. As much as I like the other game I probably wouldn't play it if I couldn't tailor it to my playing style and level. I don't play all the other modes so this would be fine for me. However, it would be nice to see the franchise mode have NBA D-League, great trade/free agent logic, draft combine, workouts, full practice mode with plays, player and front office issues that affect the decisions I make during my tenure.

I really hope NBA Live 16 succeeds this year. I hoped it did last year and was ready to shell out the bucks but as the videos released I just couldn't do it. I didn't even jump on the sale when it was $8 and that is saying a lot.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:55 PM   #24
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Responsive controls, tons of animations, signature skills, smarter AI, and a deep create a player mode for OTP

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »