Home

NBA Live 16 Features Over 8,000 New Animations

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Features Over 8,000 New Animations within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2015, 05:36 PM   #17
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 16 Features Over 8,000 New Animations

It's good to read this. I just hope they do A LOT (and lots and lots) of testing to see those animations play. One of my issues with Live through the years, has been that every year the game is supposed to include thousands of new animations (I believe them when they're saying it's there), but many of these animations would never play. You end up seeing the same animations again and again, then once in 10 games you see a couple of new animations - which wouldn't play for another 20 games.

So it's not only about the quantity of the animations, but actually being played. I'm sure some of the older Lives had TON of animations on the disc - that never played throughout the game.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #18
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
It's good to read this. I just hope they do A LOT (and lots and lots) of testing to see those animations play. One of my issues with Live through the years, has been that every year the game is supposed to include thousands of new animations (I believe them when they're saying it's there), but many of this animations would would never play. You end up seeing the same animations again and again, then once in 10 games you see a couple of new animations - which wouldn't play for another 20 games.

So it's not only about the quantity of the animations, but actually being played. I'm sure some of the older Lives had TON of animations on the disc - that never played throughout the game.
So true man! The two hand posterize dunk was probable the most repeated animation in live 15.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
I just want to see a game that animates like the competitor but gives you the control of nba live.. I honestly hate the canned animations in the other game... I want to feel the control as well see a great looking game.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #20
Rookie

k1lo5's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Four Key Gameplay Upgrades to NBA Live 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Building with community feedback is the most important point of them all, and is what has been sorely missing from the last couple of games....looking forward to it
+1 the only way Live can grow from here is feedback from the gamers and yes its been lacking for a while! Looking forward to 29th sep

sent via galaxy s5 using tapatalk

PSN - ITR_K1LO5
Twitter - @nba2kluc
Old 07-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #21
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
All this sounds great, and looks good on paper. But for me, i have to see it in motion. That's when i'll believe it. Intrigued though.
100% agree. This isn't the first time a Live team, or a developer from any sports game, has come out and said all the right things to make their new game sound great. I have no doubt that a ton of work was put into this game, the little we have seen so far is already a vast improvement over last year, but that doesn't mean it will all come together and result in a great product. So far so good but I'll need to see more before I can say "Live is back!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 06:48 PM   #22
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Re: Four Key Gameplay Upgrades to NBA Live 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I like it, but still think the whole game needs to be slowed down from an animation perspective. That, in combination with turbo, really makes the game look and feel unnatural.
I strongly disagree. Slowing down motions has been a big problem in many games. While it might make it look more natural, it still can be really unrealistic. (Example: Slow motion dunking.. When in real life they quickly slam down)
Old 07-07-2015, 07:08 PM   #23
Rookie

Sounds good but live always hypes up their product like this. Hopefully this one is finally able to live up to the hype. God i hope the passing is fixed.. all that passing from the latest gameplay video on here was making my eyes bleed
Old 07-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

8000 new animations sounds awesome especially for a game that has lacked animations badly over the past few years.

I've always stated that if EA had released Live 14 and 15 with better animations they would have had a far bigger fan base despite the generic gameplay we witnessed on the floor.

Live seems to lack a soul and improved animations IMO is the right way to go if this is true....

But as some have already pointed out we've heard these things before only to be left dissapointed come release day.

Only time will tell if they have finally put it all together this year and given us a game with some replay value for once

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »