Home

The Golf Club July Update Available Now For PS4: 150+ Bug Fixes, New Highlands Theme

This is a discussion on The Golf Club July Update Available Now For PS4: 150+ Bug Fixes, New Highlands Theme within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2015, 03:49 PM   #17
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
love this but curses... now I've got to dump another 3 or 4 hours into a new golf course when this drops for XB1.

between the course builder and tgctours, I haven't had a game that gave me this much depth and fun in a long time.

tried EA PGA over EA access and made it 5 holes before I was already done with it. it looks nice, feels nice and the crowds are cool and playing as Jordan Spieth was neat but once again I remembered why I don't like the RPG aspect of the game. in 5 holes I never missed the fairway and never once had to account for a bunker being in real play.

the 2 big updates this go round, for me, are 1. measuring tape... finally I don't have to keep doing math in my head. and 2. the wind adjustments for tournaments. and of course a new theme.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The Golf Club July Update Available Now For PS4: 150+ Bug Fixes, New Highlands Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
in 5 holes I never missed the fairway and never once had to account for a bunker being in real play.
Sounds just like TGC from tee to green....why is that a bad thing in another game? Neither one is as challenging as they need to be off the tee and on approach shots.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-10-2015, 03:54 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club July Update Available Now For PS4: 150+ Bug Fixes, New Highlands Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Hey Anthony,

Thanks for all of the updates and consistent tuning you guys provide. It's really refreshing. However, can I aks why when I pull back on the left stick, the golf club will go back a couple inches and I can't move it any further? In order to swing I have to pull the stick left and roll it down and then golf club will go back like normal. It's honestly impossible to even have the chance of hitting a straight shot. I understand the not getting 100% power every time, but I do not understand why when I pull back on the stick I check swing with the golf club every single time. It's really ruining my experience.
Not sure, have you rebooted you PS4. Might be a calibration issue as no one else is seeing it
Old 07-10-2015, 04:00 PM   #20
Rookie

Oh thank god..... I've been seeing this twitch pullback glitch as well. Was just about to open my ps4 controller and check my thumbstick.

At first I thought I was at the end of the map so to speak and up against an invisible wall.

He starts to pull the club back and then after a few inches it just stops. Like your thumbstick is broken.

This and the fact that even when the swing us working, it seems impossible to hit 100%. Always 88-82%.

Can't believe it, I was so addicted to this over the last week and now this!!!
Old 07-10-2015, 04:03 PM   #21
MVP

MillardMavs's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
I love this game as well but I've already found something honestly game breaking. Every round I've tried so far I try to swing and it check swings. The golfer twitches when you pull straight down on the stick to swing. In order to swing you have to pull to the left or right and roll down the stick. By that time you either pull or push the ball and only get maybe 90% power. Please let me know if there is a setting or something, because this is a serious issue. Very very strange.
Quote:
Hey Anthony,

Thanks for all of the updates and consistent tuning you guys provide. It's really refreshing. However, can I aks why when I pull back on the left stick, the golf club will go back a couple inches and I can't move it any further? In order to swing I have to pull the stick left and roll it down and then golf club will go back like normal. It's honestly impossible to even have the chance of hitting a straight shot. I understand the not getting 100% power every time, but I do not understand why when I pull back on the stick I check swing with the golf club every single time. It's really ruining my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambomakaveli
Oh thank god..... I've been seeing this twitch pullback glitch as well. Was just about to open my ps4 controller and check my thumbstick.

At first I thought I was at the end of the map so to speak and up against an invisible wall.

He starts to pull the club back and then after a few inches it just stops. Like your thumbstick is broken.

This and the fact that even when the swing us working, it seems impossible to hit 100%. Always 88-82%.

Can't believe it, I was so addicted to this over the last week and now this!!!
I too am getting this. I just take my thumb off the analog, and restart my swing. But the most I can hit it is 93%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #22
Rookie

I'm going to take a look at this now and get back to you.
I've been playing a lot of PS4 in the last week and haven't seen it though.
I'll get back to you

thanks
Anthony
Old 07-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #23
Rookie

What courses are you guys playing on?
Old 07-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
I'm going to take a look at this now and get back to you.
I've been playing a lot of PS4 in the last week and haven't seen it though.
I'll get back to you

thanks
Anthony

Am I being completely stupid here....

When you say you've been playing it on ps4 all week, is that with the update applied? Or do you only just get the update now on ps4 like the rest of us?

As for courses it's happening on....

It was happening constantly on royal balwearie tour setup

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »