Home

NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Lightning, Penguins, Predators, Hurricanes)

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Lightning, Penguins, Predators, Hurricanes) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Lightning, Penguins, Predators, Hurricanes)

NHL 16 continues to build on their authentic arenas and atmosphere with signature effects and well known props throughout the league. Check out a few examples in the images below. If you missed it last week, check out the details for the Wild, Red Wings, Flames and Capitals here.

Tampa Bay Lightning – Amalie Arena

The lightning-throwing Tesla coils will now be seen and heard at the home of the Eastern Conference Champions after every home goal & victory.

Pittsburgh Penguins – CONSOL Energy Center

Home and away benches have been updated to ensure that players are situated on the correct side of the ice.

Nashville Predators – Bridgestone Arena

At the start of home games, the intimidating symbol of the Nashville Predators will be lifted to the rafters as Doc Emrick and Eddie Olczyk welcome you to the broadcast.

Carolina Hurricanes – PNC Arena

This 18,680 seat arena is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. It hosted North Carolina’s first ever professional sports championship when the Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup in 2006. That Stanley Cup banner, along with retired player numbers from this franchise can be seen hanging from the rafters of PNC Arena.

NHL 16 arrives on September 15 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Source - EA Sports

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NHL 16 page.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-10-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Caniac94's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Lightning, Penguins, Predators, Hurricanes)

Nice! PNC Looks pretty darn close to what it looks like in real life. I was kinda skeptical when I heard it was in. Also that lightning bolt is a cool addition to Tampa games. Having been to a few Preds games I'd say you can't NOT have the Predator head on the ice as the team comes out of the dressing room. I usually try not to place visual aspects over gameplay but these are nice.

EDIT: Also I have to wonder if the Hurricane warning siren will be in game for Canes games. Not a biggy but that would be awesome if that were in.

Last edited by Caniac94; 07-10-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 33
I'm really enjoying this feature of NHL 16. Previous NHL games have featured little individuality from 1 rink to another. Details like this are neither game breakers or game makers but they do add a lot to the overall immersion to the end product.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
Very pleased with the information and details, etc in NHL 16. Big step forward from the half game that was NHL 15
Old 07-11-2015, 05:23 AM   #5
Rookie

Re: NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Lightning, Penguins, Predators, Hurricanes)

At the start of home games, the intimidating symbol of the Nashville Predators will be lifted to the rafters as Doc Emrick and Eddie Olczyk welcome you to the broadcast.

So this means we are not going to se the players skate thru the predator head Before the game In Nashville,Shark head in san jose,Oil Tower in Edmonton and more? just watching it be lifted to the rafters?I want to se the players come out skating!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #6
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerman101

So this means we are not going to se the players skate thru the predator head Before the game In Nashville,Shark head in san jose,Oil Tower in Edmonton and more? just watching it be lifted to the rafters?I want to se the players come out skating!
Unless they re-timed everything, the "broadcast" starts when the players are already skating on the ice, so of course we wouldn't see the players skate through the Predator head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »