Home

NHL 16 Precision Skating, Seamless Puck Pickups and Overhead Gameplay Tomorrow

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Precision Skating, Seamless Puck Pickups and Overhead Gameplay Tomorrow within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am with everyone else here. Just show us gameplay and we're good.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:27 PM   #10
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

I must be the only person that hates the overhead view ...
Old 07-13-2015, 09:33 PM   #11
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 16 Precision Skating, Seamless Puck Pickups and Overhead Gameplay Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
I must be the only person that hates the overhead view ...
Nope, I hate it too. I play true broadcast, and put the controls always up. I think the game flows better that way (for me anyways)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 10:57 PM   #12
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 16 Precision Skating, Seamless Puck Pickups and Overhead Gameplay Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
I am most intrigued by the "overhead gameplay". I hope this portion is long enough to get a general feel for the game so we can see some improvements we have been clamoring for.
I'm hoping they give us something that shows how the AI handles players and pucks moving around.

I'm going to be severely disappointed if I just see the same "Back up. Stop. Back up. Stop. Oh no, he's gone by me. Skate backwards. Pivot too late. Hang head in shame at goal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Nope, I hate it too. I play true broadcast, and put the controls always up. I think the game flows better that way (for me anyways)
I hate playing in it, but i like watching the AI play, because it's better for seeing plays develop, and how the AI responds as players move around the ice. Seeing a bunch of guys standing still and not moving away from coverage, as in the past, will be a bummer.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #13
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

FINALLY some gameplay!!!......hopefully not cut up footage and just 2-5 minutes of raw gameplay with commentary and sounds etc.

Lets see what you've got EA
Old 07-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #14
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

There is no way that I'll see what I want to see (rubber band AI eliminated) in the gameplay video.

NHL 15 was the biggest joke of a sports title that I've played since Madden 13. I played on every level and just about every game played the same. I've won and lost on every level with different slider combos and finally deleted the game off of my hard drive out of frustration.

I want to see player and team individuality and the elimination of the cheesy scripted rocket passes and one timers from the CPU and the last minute "thrillers".
Old 07-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
For those interested...

Then we got another dev diary vid on July 16 (True Hockey Physics) and a third on July 23 (Superstar Skill Stick).

Finally, we got our first look at "Overhead Gameplay" on August 15 with this trailer:

It's interesting that EA decided to come out with that Gameplay trailer now. I expected a pattern similar to last year; now I expect that we'll have either more dev diaries spaced out, or a large gap after tomorrow before the release of several more.

I enjoyed seeing Pietrangelo's goal and the ending with Fehr I think it was. I thought those two plays flowed really well and it looked realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #16
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmutat17
I enjoyed seeing Pietrangelo's goal and the ending with Fehr I think it was. I thought those two plays flowed really well and it looked realistic.
If you are talking about the videos in which you quoted your response from, those are from last year (NHL 15).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »