Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Day Two Impressions

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Day Two Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Day Two Impressions

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour was released yesterday, and so far the response has been rather mixed on OS. In my initial impressions, I said Rory was at least an adequate game on the course, and nothing has changed my opinion there.

Rory’s strength is definitely on the course, as I’m beginning to think the game itself could be a bit bare. Tour Pro Mode has some depth issues which I’m already seeing about halfway (I think halfway since there’s no calendar to know) through my first season. It seems that, while the gameplay itself is pretty solid — the rest of the game is the absolute bare minimum to be acceptable in today’s marketplace.

The golfer creation options, as we’ve shown in a video earlier last week, are quite limited as well. In 2015, you do expect a much more robust creation suite — there’s not much of a reason why the options are so limited now.

Outside of all of that, watch the video above and check out some gameplay from Whistling Straits with my live commentary on the round and what I think of the game.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Day Two Impressions

With a created golfer.. this game blows because there's little way to make your golfer better.. every shot that's not a putt is a short swing and -7 or WORSE 'slow' and putting is iffy if even that.. try and putt smoothly and it resets and you have to pull back again.. otherwise you rocket putt (or canon as some call it) Every putt I've had on line from 5 feet or more ends up 3 feet past the hole.. 1 birdie in 5 rounds.. might have to start playing every hole just to get xp and maybe get the created golfer better

The worst part is still that they took away the ability to zoom ahead and have an idea of where you might land.. the hole map doesn't tell anything really

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 07-15-2015, 02:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

No, you can zoom just like always..
Old 07-15-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
The worst part is still that they took away the ability to zoom ahead and have an idea of where you might land.. the hole map doesn't tell anything really
You set up custom settings that allow you to zoom in on any difficulty.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
With a created golfer.. this game blows because there's little way to make your golfer better.. every shot that's not a putt is a short swing and -7 or WORSE 'slow' and putting is iffy if even that.. try and putt smoothly and it resets and you have to pull back again.. otherwise you rocket putt (or canon as some call it) Every putt I've had on line from 5 feet or more ends up 3 feet past the hole.. 1 birdie in 5 rounds.. might have to start playing every hole just to get xp and maybe get the created golfer better

Watch your golfer instead of the green ball filling up on all shots to improve on the game. If you are getting short swings, you aren't moving the stick enough on the back swing. If you are getting Slow on the follow through, you need to speed up your follow through by flicking the stick forward instead of manually keeping your thumb on top of it and trying to move it quickly that was. If you are blowing putts past the hole, you are taking too much backswing (it is very short) and moving the stick on the follow through too fast. The full swing and putts are very different tempos. And Tempo is the challenge with both a full swing and putting. And do NOT pause at the top of your swing as that can cause many of the issues you describe. Hang in there and practice because there is a satisfying swing interface in there.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2015, 02:53 PM   #6
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike081989
You set up custom settings that allow you to zoom in on any difficulty.
Have to start a brand new career to be able to do that? Couldn't find it in THOSE settings

Old 07-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

You can access the gameplay settings menu at anytime during the course of your career....even in the middle of the round and the changes will immediately take effect.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #8
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhamstar
You can access the gameplay settings menu at anytime during the course of your career....even in the middle of the round and the changes will immediately take effect.
thanks. found it now.. when someone mentioned custom I never saw it with arcade/classic/tour stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »