Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Review

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Review within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Review

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is the first attempt at next-gen golf from EA Sports. While the game plays a decent brand of golf on the course, it’s so razor thin off of it that you will have a hard time justifying the $60 price tag upon entry.

Read More - Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Review
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Review

ouch... game plays like a 9 to me but feature-wise yes it's lower.

hopefully a follow up is possible if promised updates come to fruition
Old 07-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 33
I've no real interest in the Tour Mode. Only mode I played on TW14 was Quick Tournaments. Can anyone tell me if thus feature is in & how many Players can compete Offline?
Old 07-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great honest review. I love how people are waiting for more content to be added to make the game better. EA ripped you off if you bought it on day one and they know it. They are going to turn a $60 game into a $200 with DLC. People continue to fall into their trap and this is why they don't change.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #5
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by menos9
Great honest review. I love how people are waiting for more content to be added to make the game better. EA ripped you off if you bought it on day one and they know it. They are going to turn a $60 game into a $200 with DLC. People continue to fall into their trap and this is why they don't change.

Yea.... uh no.

Getting way more than my money's worth on this. Playing it for days and days now... I spend this much on quick bite out with my girlfriend every week. Or one mid priced round of golf around here.

So people who can't justify the purchase based on missing features are missing some fantastic game play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 10:46 PM   #6
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Good review Chris!

Glad I got a chance to play this on EA Access. I had the game pre-ordered and cancelled right after my first play through of the game. I just couldn't get into it, and had a hard time justifying the $60 price tag.

I'll wait for it to get added on EA Access for free later in the year, and maybe by then (hopefully more content will be added.) I might try it again.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 07-16-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:03 PM   #7
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by menos9
Or we could not support the game, get no post launch support and possibly lose out on a PGA game overall because of poor sales.

The best thing we can do is support them and hope they will update post launch and use the money to fund new courses and development.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:46 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
A Decent first attempt at a video review, just like this is EA's first attempt at golf on next gen.

While we have become demanding that we get a five-course meal, I do agree with most people that a little bit more out the gate should have happened. I would have accepted fewer real world golfers if the create a golfer was better and/or an import feature was available (yes, I am aware of licensing issues with that).

As for the video review, you can tell immediately that Chris is simply re-reading his review. It doesn't sound like a script, but just someone posting an audio version for people too lazy to read. A video review should complement the article. Give me something slightly different. Sites like IGN and GameSpot have mastered this over a decade ago. With video, you have the ability to do so much more that can't be done with text alone. Also, start learning to capture your own footage, helps get your message across better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »