Home

NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay, Customization, EASHL, Cycling & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay, Customization, EASHL, Cycling & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2015, 01:52 AM   #17
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay, Customization, EASHL & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
This is the kind of stuff that I'm sure makes the devs WANT to ignore *this* "community". It's 80% venom around here these days, and folks whinging about wanting five man hug celebrations, and slamming almost every answer to come out of the Q+A, or qualifying it with a "i'll only believe it when I see it."

And did you ever think OS is such a small drop of the "community" bucket, that maybe other folks HAVE asked for some of these things?

Like someone else posted in one of the other threads, if folks want to make an impact, vote with your wallets. Or give them feedback minus the sarcasm and snark. Who knows, maybe someone would listen to you then.......

As for the dynamic attendance thing, if i recall correctly a few years ago, one of the devs mentioned that the agreement with the NHL licensing wouldn't allow them to have dynamic attendance. Same as blood on the ice, etc.

Don't hate on the 5 man hug!!!
Old 07-17-2015, 07:07 AM   #18
Just started!

For this to be a proper online multiplayer with E-sport potential when it comes to EASHL there needs to be some simple modifications:

First of all, there needs to be way more different ways of playing EASHL, it needs to be divided for casual, hardcore etc. Casual can be like it is today, AI players filling up emtpy positions, 2+2 and 5 min penalties, 5 min periods, fights, cut scenes and all that so just leave the current EASHL and call it casual gameplay.

For the "pro league" i would like to see the following.

Being a hardcore player myself this post is mostly about what a serious and competerative hardcore mode would work.

Im pro "no player progression". This is a good way of getting new players into the game and one doesnt need to worry about players finding attribute glitches for example, Therefor, all players should be the same, no special stuff at all, no special players, no height or weight difference etc, just skill and the possibility to adjust the look, name and if you are R/L.

First of all i think the game clock should´t run from 00:00-20:00. Instead i think it would be better if it ran from 00:00-05:00. The problem with the current system is that matches can go on for way to long, it can take anywhere from like 20 to 60 min. With a real time game clock all games would be around 20 min. Personally i would like to see shorter periods as well, 5 x 3 min is a little bit to long, 4 x 3 or like 3,30 x 3 would be better, you wouldnt really feel any difference but there would still be a pretty big difference. This would also make the league more competerative when ****tier teams would have way better chances.

The time a player is in the box would need to be adjusted as well, lets say we play 4 x 3 the penalties can be 1:30 or something. Remove 2+2 and 5 min penalties.

There should be a few different options, all with different ranking systems when you are searching for a game.

Goalie cannot be AI-controlled.
3 vs 3
4 vs 4
5 vs 5

If any player looses connection they have to be able to reconnect, another team member should also be able to join a game. If no player joins the game the other team is forced to play with one man less regardless, NO AI PLAYERS AT ALL. if the goalie rage-quits or whatever someone is forced to take his place. Changing posistions mid game should be possible.

Remove all cut scenes, replays etc. The only thing there should be replays of are goals. The rest can be watched after the game, nobody watches this **** after a few games anyway.

A GM should be able to create tournaments and invite other clubs, set number of game, number of playoff games, number of teams to advance etc. Just like you can do in most sportsgames offline but with more settings obviously so if you are group of friends playing a friday you can simply join a short tournament with like 8 teams in 2 groups with the top 2 from each group playing semi finals in best of 3 or whatever your settings are during the course of an evening, everything with complete stats just like an offline torunament. This would kick ***, much better than just playing random teams.

Some gameplay changes needs to be made, we need the hardcore mode to be way more difficult, way harder to pass, make a one timers etc and some stuff needs to be way easier to do, clear the puck without shooting it up the stands for example, that should be more or less impossible. The shooting should therefor simply be very sensitive.

You should be able to "play" as a referee and this doesnt need to be advanced at all,
- Call 2 min penalty for team X player Y
- Call penalty shot
- Call goal review, goal allowed / disallowed

Faceoffs are known to be laggy etc, this should be totally random, select the player you want to aim for and lets throw the dice.

So in short, very hardcore and hard to play, skills only, no AI-players ever, just gameplay.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:56 AM   #19
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
This is the kind of stuff that I'm sure makes the devs WANT to ignore *this* "community". It's 80% venom around here these days, and folks whinging about wanting five man hug celebrations, and slamming almost every answer to come out of the Q+A, or qualifying it with a "i'll only believe it when I see it."

And did you ever think OS is such a small drop of the "community" bucket, that maybe other folks HAVE asked for some of these things?

Like someone else posted in one of the other threads, if folks want to make an impact, vote with your wallets. Or give them feedback minus the sarcasm and snark. Who knows, maybe someone would listen to you then.......

As for the dynamic attendance thing, if i recall correctly a few years ago, one of the devs mentioned that the agreement with the NHL licensing wouldn't allow them to have dynamic attendance. Same as blood on the ice, etc.
I remember them saying this about dynamic attendance. I'd like to see what that deal says though. Because it seems now that it says something like "You can have fans ditch their team and walk out early. It's okay if the stadium is empty at the end of the game. But at the beginning of the game that stadium better be full!!"

It doesn't really make sense to me.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:02 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I think 80% venom is a bit high. Everyone's not praising every little nugget of info, but I think people for the most part have been more than fair in waiting to see what news comes out.
Well I would guess for every positive post I see on something ,I see two negative ones. A lot from the same people over and over so maybe it doesn't seem that bad...... But post wise, it seems to trend negative to me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #21
Rookie

I think it adds to the game having not many people show up if your team sucks .I really don't know why NFL, NHL maybe NBA has restrictions on what you can and can't do.At the end of the day it's only a video game , years ago it never mattered why the change now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2015, 02:59 PM   #22
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Well I would guess for every positive post I see on something ,I see two negative ones. A lot from the same people over and over so maybe it doesn't seem that bad...... But post wise, it seems to trend negative to me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
As long as people are respectful, I don't see an issue with it. The people complaining are unhappy, and I don't see how that's their fault.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »