Home

F1 2015 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC

This is a discussion on F1 2015 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2015 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC

F1 2015 is available today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. If you missed the features trailer, you can watch it here. We've posted the full press release below.

Get some laps in and post your impressions!

RACE LIKE A CHAMPION AS F1 2015 ACCELERATES INTO STORES IN THE AMERICAS TODAY

STUNNING NEW GAME ENGINE AND ‘BROADCAST PRESENTATION’ VISUALS BRING F1™ 2015 TO LIFE

Codemasters® today announced the launch of F1 2015, the official videogame of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, racing into stores throughout North and Latin America today and will be available in Brazil on July 24, 2015. Distributed by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. F1 2015 arrives earlier in the season compared to previous Codemasters FORMULA ONE™ releases. The launch of F1 2015 marks the award-winning series’ debut on PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One. The game is also available for Windows PC through STEAM.

F1 2015 delivers a truly immersive experience thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a GRAND PRIX™, complete with introductory grid sequences, new motion-captured pit stops by a real world pit crew, and the iconic podium celebrations. Using voice recognition technology available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, players can become immersed in the cockpit, engaging with their race engineer through in-game voice commands with Kinect for Xbox One and the PlayStation®Camera or compatible headsets and microphones for PlayStation 4. Players compete as their favorite FORMULA ONE star in the all-new Championship Season and push themselves to the limit in the challenging Pro Season mode. The game also features fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ bonus content.

F1 2015 takes players closer to the real-world experience of racing in the world’s most glamorous, exciting and prestigious motorsport, thanks to a brand new version of Codemasters’ proprietary EGO game engine. In addition to spectacular visual fidelity, F1 2015 offers a significant step forward in the physics-based handling model of the game, which is designed to be inclusive for both seasoned players and those new to the series. The handling model offers enhancements and additions in over 20 areas, including engine and transmission, aerodynamics, fuel tank, force feedback, suspension and most notably, a brand new tire physics model, to recreate the breathtaking handling characteristics of the world’s fastest and most responsive racing cars.

F1 2015 is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC via STEAM and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0
wow no one want write comment in here sound like this game is bad
Old 07-21-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
This has been out in Europe since the 10th, and F1 is bigger there, so that's maybe why.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:05 PM   #4
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: F1 2015 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC

No career mode. No multiple seasons. Filled with game breaking bugs, online doesn't work.

But it looks amazing.

Played every year that this title has come out but will not be purchasing or playing this one. Maybe PC if they add a career mode but I like last years and I will just stick with it.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:38 PM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm not sure how you can comment on bugs, and broken online play, without playing, or having the game... but ok.

I just finished a quick race at Montreal. Game looks great, no doubt. Coming through the hairpin at Montreal though, I found it felt/looked like the framerate dropped dramatically, like it was stuttering a bit. I found that to be strange.

I miss the old screaming sound of the F1 engines

I find my engineer on the radio, to be almost impossible to hear.

I've always enjoyed the driving model, it seems more forgiving though this time around. Although, I did forget to alter some settings, so I did have traction control on for the race, I'm sure adjusting that will free things up a bit. Still love getting out of the racing line, or into the grass and getting the tires dirty and loosing grip. Really cool touch. Game seems pretty forgiving for those using controllers and not wheels too, which, for someone like me, is nice.

The lack of a career mode, really sucks. It appears you do have the ability to run the 2015 Season schedule as an existing F1 driver though. Not sure if that was a decision by Codies, or F1... but whoevers decision it was, was rather boneheaded IMO.

I can't comment on the AI, again, for my first race, I had it turned down a bit just to get used to the handling, so I was running about a second and a half faster than them, so it was hard to get an idea. Will experiment more tonight.

That's all I've got so far. Going to run a bit more here and report some more later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 07:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hey Brandon, looking forward to more of your opinions on the game. I'm on the fence. I might wait till I can grab it from Amazon for like 40 bucks. I'm not a die hard f1 fan but do watch it often and usually enjoy the games. Thanx for the info in advance.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #7
MVP

brandon27's Arena

I'm not a huge F1 fan either, but I've enjoyed the games in this series. I love road racing.

I turned the traction control off, and woah... what a difference. Didn't take much to snap myself loose. I left the AI on easy so I could adapt myself to no traction control. My practice session was a nightmare until I found the sweet spot on the triggers for acceleration. I was just doing a quick, one shot qualifying run, I managed to take the pole. Again, keep in mind, EASY AI. Race day came... it was rainy. OMG... what a disaster, I was nowhere near prepared for that. haha It was fun though. The AI, raced me tough, even on easy. They sure weren't just getting out of my way. They kept it close, were pretty aggressive actually, but being on easy, they were still easy to get by simply because of the speed difference. I fell back from a spin, and slide off track, ended up finishing 5th though.

I raced next at Monza. I left the AI easy again, I'm struggling without the TC. I was sliding all over at the start. Found myself in 5th quickly. Worked my way back up. Had a nice battle with Hamilton to take back the lead. I was pretty happy with what I saw from the AI, seeing that it was on easy.

I'll keep upping it as the night wears on and I get used to it.

Something feels weird to me with the driving model. Could be because I'm used to playing Forza Horizon 2, and Forza 6 though. I'm not a hardcore sim racing fan like some, so I'm probably not the best to try and explain the driving feel to you, especially since I'm using a controller, but I can say, it's very manageable with a controller. Also, I think there's different control settings for controllers, versus wheels in the menus. It's got a solid feel to it.

Up next... a trip to Sochi to check out the Russian GP

Last edited by brandon27; 07-21-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:34 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

One really cool new feature, with Kinect, I can press a button on the controller and then "radio" certain commands in to my team for an update during the race. Things such as, full race update, driver in front/behind, fuel window, vehicle condition, weather forecast... your engineer then provides you whatever update you ask for. It's pretty cool.

OK, so the racing action is fun, pretty solid from what I can tell early on.

I decided to jump into season mode to check it out... I'm already bothered by the fact there's no career. Now season... here's your options:

Pick an existing F1 driver/car/team to be you.

Difficulty:
Easy
Medium
Hard
Expert
Legend

Length:
Short Weekend - 15 Min practice. One shot Qualifying. 25% race distance
Normal Weekend - 30 min practice. Short session qualifying. 50% race distance
Long weekend - 60 min practice. Full session qualifying. 100% race

No other customization? really? I can't mix and match my own options? I have to play a minimum 25% race distance? That's a bit much. Especially for someone like me who doesn't have much time to sit down to a race that length. That's a bit... silly IMO. Why not just give us the options to play it our way. Why can't I run a shorter race distance, with a full, or even short qualifying? So really... if I want to run the shortest race distance, I also have to play by their rules and one shot qualify? Seems a bit ridiculous to not be able to change anything...

First race at Melbourne is 15 laps at 25%. Not the end of the world I guess. At least it forces you to use pit strategy etc.

Last edited by brandon27; 07-21-2015 at 08:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »