Home

F1 2015 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC

This is a discussion on F1 2015 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #9
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: F1 2015 Available Today For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I'm not sure how you can comment on bugs, and broken online play, without playing, or having the game... but ok.

I just finished a quick race at Montreal. Game looks great, no doubt. Coming through the hairpin at Montreal though, I found it felt/looked like the framerate dropped dramatically, like it was stuttering a bit. I found that to be strange.

I miss the old screaming sound of the F1 engines

I find my engineer on the radio, to be almost impossible to hear.

I've always enjoyed the driving model, it seems more forgiving though this time around. Although, I did forget to alter some settings, so I did have traction control on for the race, I'm sure adjusting that will free things up a bit. Still love getting out of the racing line, or into the grass and getting the tires dirty and loosing grip. Really cool touch. Game seems pretty forgiving for those using controllers and not wheels too, which, for someone like me, is nice.

The lack of a career mode, really sucks. It appears you do have the ability to run the 2015 Season schedule as an existing F1 driver though. Not sure if that was a decision by Codies, or F1... but whoevers decision it was, was rather boneheaded IMO.

I can't comment on the AI, again, for my first race, I had it turned down a bit just to get used to the handling, so I was running about a second and a half faster than them, so it was hard to get an idea. Will experiment more tonight.

That's all I've got so far. Going to run a bit more here and report some more later.
I have played the game that is how I know bugs, broken game play etc. Here is a review for you as well capturing some of these bugs. Not my review because I am not near my system right now, but still makes all of my points. This guy really only seems to play racing games and I have followed him for a while now and think he does a good job.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 07-21-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanx Brandon, keep it coming. Everything I have read has also mentioned real solid a.i. I have been looking on the code masters forums because up until today there was zero f1 '15 chatter. Seems like most of the problems people are complaining about is online issues. Yes many are upset with lack of a career, multiple seasons and some other features from last gen being left out. Can you check and c if you can save mid race, might make doing 100 or 50 percent feasable. I lean more towards the "simcade"style of racers so I think I will like the game also and will also be playing with a controller.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:15 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hey bulit thanx for posting that video. Glad to hear the single player and driving model are solid but those glitches/bugs are terrible. I own both systems but actually prefer my Xboxone(yes I know the ps4 is more powerful) and was thinking of getting for Xbox. Do you know if these glitches are popping up on ps4 also. I know the community for this game is ususually stronger on ps. Also Brandon what system are you on or are you on pc.

Never mind, I just read your post again about you using the kinect. Let me know if you are experiencing bugs. Also I just noticed your Dolphins icon. That's my team, I love them even though they hard to love! lol

Last edited by BenVenom; 07-21-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #12
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I am playing on Xbox One.

I haven't watched the video. Probably won't. If it's online issues, I'll never notice, because I don't play online.

Finished the first race of season mode. Originally I complained about the race length. It wasn't bad. Longer than I'd like to run, that's for sure. It did make it fun though, having to pit, having the tires fall off, having to manage the fuel.

AI in the race, I was up to medium now. Still was able to take the pole. In the previous games though, I always ran Melbourne good. I fell back a bit in the race. Especially as my tires wore, and the lack of the traction control aid is very noticeable with tire wear lol I might kick it back from None, to medium.

There is an option from the pause menu that says, "save or load a mid session save" So, you must be able to save and resume. If so, that's really cool. I'll try it in the middle of this next race, and report back.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:28 PM   #13
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I have played the game that is how I know bugs, broken game play etc. Here is a review for you as well capturing some of these bugs. Not my review because I am not near my system right now, but still makes all of my points. This guy really only seems to play racing games and I have followed him for a while now and think he does a good job.
Well, you had said in your original post "Played every year that this title has come out but will not be purchasing or playing this one." Which is why I had said that.

I'm going to check out that video later, but for now, I want to spend my time tonight racing. Going to run one more race, then watch, ill report if I saw any of the issues. If they're online issues though, I can't comment, I'm playing offline, and usually only do.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:53 PM   #14
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Mine arrived in the mail this morning for the PS4. I'm going to hold off until my internet is reinstalled tomorrow in case there are any updates.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:58 PM   #15
MVP

brandon27's Arena

You most definitely can save and exit a session, save, and resume at a later time.

For Xb1, there was a 976mb update when I popped in the disc. Not sure about PS4 though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 11:45 PM   #16
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Thanks for the impressions Brandon. My copy arrives tomorrow. My eyes are open on the lack of some modes and features, but most of that doesn't affect me. I have never completed an F1 season in the previous games anyway lol.

I'm just a bit bummed about no create a driver but I'll bet that csreer mode makes the cut next edition.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »