Home

NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2015, 12:14 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
That rookie Jordan card they'll give us is a cool gimmick and will be obsolete in a month or two after the game releases just like the Rookie KD was this year.
The '85 Jordan card was one of the best "point guards" in 2K15, due to his height and his near-max athleticism/dunking/defense ratings.

If '85 Jordan is restricted to only playing at SG in 2K16, then he won't be that effective outside of fastbreaks. But if he's allowed to play PG again this year, he's going to be a huge pain to matchup against for anyone that's trying to use a real PG.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:05 PM   #18
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree and don't like that people do that, my main point was that there will always be a decent size portion of the player base that defies any realism and will do whatever they can to win. I'm glad 2K is enforcing restrictions. In my opinion the lineup restrictions from this year need to be completely revamped for challenges and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 07-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #19
Rookie

H3LLGWAR's Arena

Did they mention position restrictions? I think I missed it during the stream if they did.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Any Ultimate Team/MyTeam mode will always have "cheese" no matter what.

That rookie Jordan card they'll give us is a cool gimmick and will be obsolete in a month or two after the game releases just like the Rookie KD was this year.

Lol... what? Jordan was beasting in his rookie year. KD was nothing in his rookie year.

One was a silver card. The other will be a gold.

Rookie Jordan is going to be a 90 overall comfortably. Unless they completely nerf him.

It's not the same at all. Not even close.

You're giving people a top 10 card (for the position) right off the bat. It's madness.

And yes there will always be cheese. But that's not really the point. They should be making the cheese more difficult not significantly easier.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #21
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Not gonna argue back and forth. Don't really see the big deal, rookie KD was still awesome to use at the beginning last year similar to how this will be.

I appreciate them giving us some cool stuff especially after this year and all the locker code nonsense and ridiculous packs they have. Also nice to see they are adding new card types similar to madden, it will make this mode have more depth and hopefully increase variety.

Lakers
Juventus

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 01:53 PM   #22
Rookie

i think 2k16 my team is going to be better then 2k15 no more of that pink diamond nonsense
Old 07-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #23
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2
I would definitely play this mode if they tied in VC. I don't like that MyTeam has a different currency than the rest of the game modes. They should all have 1 universal currency. Like what MLB the show does with stubs. That way it would promote cohesiveness through all game modes. Plus I love playing the market on MLB the show.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #24
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvazquez190
I would definitely play this mode if they tied in VC. I don't like that MyTeam has a different currency than the rest of the game modes. They should all have 1 universal currency. Like what MLB the show does with stubs. That way it would promote cohesiveness through all game modes. Plus I love playing the market on MLB the show.

If you played it in previous years you would understand why using VC exclusively is not s good idea. (Not trying to be rude)

You can buy packs with VC. But other than that, VC can't be used to buy players because most people would just buy tons and tons of VC to buy the best players. It would destroy the market and game.

Lakers
Juventus

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »