Home

NHL 16 EASHL Player & Goalie Customization Video & Some Details For Online Seasons

This is a discussion on NHL 16 EASHL Player & Goalie Customization Video & Some Details For Online Seasons within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2015, 09:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone know if there will be more than two types of visors this year, ie Crosby's?
Old 07-23-2015, 12:00 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
really wish they would come up with some new goalie mask designs. each team has had the same 2 for how many years straight now. and they are so generic and blah looking. May sound silly but i think all the unique makes these guys have made in real life are awesome and id love to see EA come up with some better ones. I know they cant use guys actual designs but cmon...the ones in the game now are boring.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:39 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
it looked to me like you could pick a premade face and haircut together, but you couldnt pick a face and then a haircut separately?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 10:23 AM   #12
Rookie

tangomike88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC12
Anyone know if there will be more than two types of visors this year, ie Crosby's?
No, they have three types of visors. Jagr looking visor the Ovechkin looking visor and the Malkin looking visor. Crosby uses the oakley smaller visor which was not added I'm assuming due to using Nike Bauer products.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #13
Rookie

no1xdraftpck's Arena

Re: NHL 16 EASHL Player & Goalie Customization Video & Some Details For Online Season

For people commenting on the eagame face feature not being there.. isn't it only for your viewing pleasures anyways? For example, I cant see my teammates actual face right?
Old 07-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #14
Rookie

Re: NHL 16 EASHL Player & Goalie Customization Video & Some Details For Online Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1xdraftpck
For people commenting on the eagame face feature not being there.. isn't it only for your viewing pleasures anyways? For example, I cant see my teammates actual face right?
When I'm playing BAP and score a goal, seeing my actual face on the player model in the cut scene and replay adds a million percent to the immersion.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3
Adding ear guards, skate guards, tape style is great and long overdue.

Things like being able to choose any color skate chassis/lace/tape is fine, and will add a bit of authenticity for a lot of players, but most NHL players use black/white chassis, black/white tape, white/yellow laces. The other colors are just going to be for EASHL flamboyance, which I don't have a problem with since EASHL is more of a beer league than a pro league.

The facial hair options are much better. I hated a few years back when Parros' mustache looked pathetic in game.

It's clear they made personalization a priority this year, but i see opportunity deeper.
It'll be great now that the Crosby/Kane/Malkin types have their ear guards, along with the OHL/QMJHL/WHL guys, but they could have gone further:
- OHL players wear neck guards, kids creating themselves may want to have one too
- OHL style top-screwed visor, several NHL-worn visors are missing (Malkin/Crosby won't look right)
- The cage should be able to be added on all helmet models, not just the generic college helmet.
- EASHL should give you the option to go helmetless (why not, it's a fictional league)
- Hanson brother glasses would look nice in EASHL, perhaps too tacky?
- I'd like more vintage out of production equipment, like the defunct Cooper lids, skates, pads, etc.
- Custom paint jobs on the goalie masks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #16
Rookie

Smutka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
Adding ear guards, skate guards, tape style is great and long overdue.

Things like being able to choose any color skate chassis/lace/tape is fine, and will add a bit of authenticity for a lot of players, but most NHL players use black/white chassis, black/white tape, white/yellow laces. The other colors are just going to be for EASHL flamboyance, which I don't have a problem with since EASHL is more of a beer league than a pro league.

The facial hair options are much better. I hated a few years back when Parros' mustache looked pathetic in game.

It's clear they made personalization a priority this year, but i see opportunity deeper.
It'll be great now that the Crosby/Kane/Malkin types have their ear guards, along with the OHL/QMJHL/WHL guys, but they could have gone further:
- OHL players wear neck guards, kids creating themselves may want to have one too
- OHL style top-screwed visor, several NHL-worn visors are missing (Malkin/Crosby won't look right)
- The cage should be able to be added on all helmet models, not just the generic college helmet.
- EASHL should give you the option to go helmetless (why not, it's a fictional league)
- Hanson brother glasses would look nice in EASHL, perhaps too tacky?
- I'd like more vintage out of production equipment, like the defunct Cooper lids, skates, pads, etc.
- Custom paint jobs on the goalie masks.
Definitely! Custom paint jobs on the goalie masks is a must for this year. Even just to modify colors on those generic ones without any graphics added. Someone get the word out we still have time! Quote from easports website: "In NHL 16, you will have the ability to edit players from all 10 professional hockey leagues featured in-game. From there you can edit a players General Information, Appearance, Equipment, or Attributes. This feature is available in the NHL 16 main menu, Be a GM, Season and Playoff mode. As always we will continue to improve our game until the very last day of development and will make another announcement if additional features are added"

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »