Home

Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Tight Ends

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Tight Ends within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 02:22 PM   #9
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 TEs Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppya
I know your ratings make the game better. But perhaps you can adjust the ratings ratios better if you know what I mean, to make the game a bit more marketable. Like if you add 10 to all of those ratings I think it wouldn't be a complete turnoff aesthetically to the casual gamer.

EDIT: Add 10 numerically but the effects of those ratings stay the same. If you understand what I'm saying.
I actually think it should stay the way he's putting them. One of the things I HATE hearing people say is "oh man Brady you have 90 deep accuracy and you throw that?" as if Brady has never made a bad throw or thrown an interception in a game. By the effect of making the ratings lower, you avoid people constantly saying stuff is BS or the game is rigged...
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 07-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Well, the OVRs are unreal again. A trend to continue, I imagine.

Here's mine:

Gronk: 82
Graham: 78
Olsen: 73
Witten: 71
Cameron: 68
Could you explain why Gronk is rated lower than Brandon Marshall?
Old 07-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
I know your ratings make the game better. But perhaps you can adjust the ratings ratios better if you know what I mean, to make the game a bit more marketable. Like if you add 10 to all of those ratings I think it wouldn't be a complete turnoff aesthetically to the casual gamer.

EDIT: Add 10 numerically but the effects of those ratings stay the same. If you understand what I'm saying.
I don't think the ratings are a market issue. Your casual madden player isn't going to search for ratings, they'll just want to play with their team and new players.

If in the off season, they highlight and market other aspects of the game, this is a non-issue. Instead they give us 3 weeks od ratings drops, by top on position, then by division, and drag it out.

If instead, they did small deep dives on each new feature they put in the game, or released compiled gameplay of each team for 3 weeks, then I think they'd have a better chance getting over the ratings objection.

The casual gamer isn't going to base his purchase off of what overall Gronk is lol.

Also, keeping overalls down will truly separate elite from good from average, to bad, to terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I really could care less about the aesthetic appearance. I put all my eggs into the realism basket. The goal is to see exactly how elite some of these elite players are, being very far above the average players.

Here's the top guys, overall, regardless of position:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/top100.php
It has nothing to do with affecting realism. Its just scaling the actual rating system. I'm not saying that your wrong in your ratings i'm just saying that EA in general should scale the system better to create a better gap between an 80-90. Like Gronk may play better as an 82, in your system to create realistic game-play. But making his 82 the new 92 scaled properly should make the game ratings more realistic. Sure in the current madden rating scale it may be more realistic to keep gronk at a 82, but he should be one of the few players that be above an 90.

And as stated above, Gronk should not be below Marshall in ratings as he is the better player in the nfl. But the ratings don't reflect that on your website.

Last edited by guppya; 07-24-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:29 PM   #13
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
It has nothing to do with affecting realism. Its just scaling the actual rating system. I'm not saying that your wrong in your ratings i'm just saying that EA in general should scale the system better to create a better gap between an 80-90. Like Gronk may play better as an 82, in your system to create realistic game-play. But making his 82 the new 92 scaled properly should make the game ratings more realistic. Sure in the current madden rating scale it may be more realistic to keep gronk at a 82, but he should be one of the few players that be above an 90.
If you add to to everyone's rating, it'll cause the Inflation you see now. Also, if player a is normally a 98, and you inflate an 87 overall player's #s then you're at 97... How's that work?
Old 07-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #14
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

And as stated above, Gronk should not be below Marshall in ratings as he is the better player in the nfl. But the ratings don't reflect that on your website.

No. What is realistic is to keep the gap in the total score provided by the data in Madden, not to fudge the data to replicate Madden.

Data --> Madden

NOT

Madden --> Data

This whole point is to show that a guy like Watt is still WAY ABOVE the level of a guy like Gronk (99 to 82). I'm sorry if you can't wrap your brain around that, but the data doesn't lie.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-24-2015, 02:32 PM   #15
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
Could you explain why Gronk is rated lower than Brandon Marshall?
Marshall = 8.35 grade
Gronk = 8.18 grade

That's why.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 02:34 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I don't think the ratings are a market issue. Your casual madden player isn't going to search for ratings, they'll just want to play with their team and new players.

If in the off season, they highlight and market other aspects of the game, this is a non-issue. Instead they give us 3 weeks od ratings drops, by top on position, then by division, and drag it out.

If instead, they did small deep dives on each new feature they put in the game, or released compiled gameplay of each team for 3 weeks, then I think they'd have a better chance getting over the ratings objection.

The casual gamer isn't going to base his purchase off of what overall Gronk is lol.

Also, keeping overalls down will truly separate elite from good from average, to bad, to terrible.

Of course it matters its part of visual appeal. Why do you think marketing plays a part in affecting player ratings? If a fan sees that Gronkowski is rated an 82, they will obviously criticize the game.

Nobody wants too see their favorite player rated low.

Not every player is a hardcore madden player like on this forum. There has to be a compromise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »