Home

MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

It's fair to say The Show has made huge strides this season when it comes to online play. The developers behind the game struggled for many years just to provide a lag-free, consistent experience online. However, for the most part we now finally have that consistent experience with MLB 15: The Show.

There are still some pockets of lag and random disconnects, but it's not at the forefront of what is hindering The Show's online play anymore. Instead, now the folks making the game have to deal with issues every other sports game deals with on a yearly basis: gameplay shortcoming and exploits.

So that's what we'll be taking a look at here in this video.
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great video post. Thanks. I have really enjoyed DD this year. The lag issues last season drove me away quickly. This year, 90% of the time, lag is not a glaring factor in my wins and losses. However, two of the points you brought up (bunting exploits, and base-stealing exploits) have not really been an issue in my online games.

The group I'm in (DD 1550+ points), I find that the competition is usually serious about competing without taking advantage of exploits. I've played over 70+ games and rarely have been defeated by anyone who exploits bunts or stealing. My wins and losses are scores in the range of 3-2 1-0, 4-3, etc (and a rare 7-1, 6-2). At the higher levels, I am not seeing amateurish gamers. Of course, I could face one tonight, but hopefully not.

As far as holding a runner, I don't care if they still on me with two outs. Especially if I'm facing a poor hitter or a slow hitter. I'll get them out with pitching or just good defense.

And for the bunt exploit, pitch UP in the zone (to get popup), or get a few foul balls out of the hitter. If they are still trying to bunt on two strikes (which another fail bunt equals an out), then you know what kind of person you're facing and can start to put together a strategy against his/her style of game play.

I have also just gone and hit a batter that does the stupid bunting fakes. My way of saying, "Grow Up".

Last edited by dynastymgrguy; 07-24-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:18 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2
If a running takes an extended lead they should have to 1) time his release when stealing a base and 2) have to manually return the runner with a button press. I would also add the the 3rd basemen animation when receiving a throw form the catcher makes it nearly impossible to get a moderately fast runner on when stealing. He catches the ball too far in front of the bag. This has cause me more angst than bunting. I have had success slide stepping and pitching out when trying to catch runners stealing second. Bunting could be fixed by forced the batter to line up his reticle with the pitch just as hitting. Just having a generic bunting animation is kind of stupid.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Online Problems of a Different Sort

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
If a running takes an extended lead they should have to 1) time his release when stealing a base and 2) have to manually return the runner with a button press. I would also add the the 3rd basemen animation when receiving a throw form the catcher makes it nearly impossible to get a moderately fast runner on when stealing. He catches the ball too far in front of the bag. This has cause me more angst than bunting. I have had success slide stepping and pitching out when trying to catch runners stealing second. Bunting could be fixed by forced the batter to line up his reticle with the pitch just as hitting. Just having a generic bunting animation is kind of stupid.
Here's a big ol' hug from me.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:59 PM   #5
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2
Great video. Hope the devs are paying attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 11:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
One player you can pick off is Manny Muchado. If he gets a lead at either 1st or 2nd there is a good chance you can get him. I've done it a couple of times and am not sure why it's just him that I can pick offf
Old 07-25-2015, 01:14 AM   #7
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

Online franchise is a mess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #8
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

base stealing has been broken for a couple years! any player with speed over 85 is automatic. only chance of remotely catching guys is to have a 0 steal ability slider

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »