Home

NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #9
Banned

lions67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - No Demo, Goaltender Interference & More

this place is getting to be as bad as the EA forums.
so much whining.
i think the changes that have been announced for NHL 16 have been excellent and i look forward to getting my hands on this.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:41 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordiques1995
The real fan still got this game. Good move from EA, that way the feedback is going to be from people that are dedicated to this game. And maybe sell some more of this NHL 15. Great idea for the business. I Like it.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
Real fan lol. I've been playing this game since 1990. Don't question my fandom. It's because I care and want a great hockey game that I complain about this product. When NHLPA 93 has better features than a game 22 years in the future, there's a problem.

The NHL series has been stagnant for about three years now and legacy problems haven't been addressed and fixed, TO. THIS. DAY.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #11
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
this place is getting to be as bad as the EA forums.
so much whining.
i think the changes that have been announced for NHL 16 have been excellent and i look forward to getting my hands on this.
If you think this forum is as bad as the EA forums, I think you are sadly mistaken. The EA forums barely have a forum structure. And if you think they are more upbeat, remember that they're actually getting good posts from Ben Ross, whereas this forum, as usual, is left in the dust.

I too am very much looking forward to playing this game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #12
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm not sure why they would release a demo. It's basically NHL 15 with goalie improvements and EASHL (if you have a group of guys who still support this game). I'm sure the team put a lot of work into the game, but there's not a lot that they've announced that you would notice in a demo.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #13
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I own a digital copy of the game...can I get in on that beta?
Yes. The link to download the beta will be in the main menu of NHL 15, so as long as you can play NHL 15 during the beta period, you can get in on the beta.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:41 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

All the whining about no demo and blaming the beta....... More like its EAs way to get you to sign up for EA Access.

Demos are dead.

Either pay for Access or wait for impressions. The times they are a_changing

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3
My option on EA and its sports titles are pretty low right now.

Begin of rant

I feel like they're out to just make as much profit as they can year in and year out doing the minimum amount of work. They're at a point where they are satisfied with the status quo, instead of trying to be innovative and push the gaming industry forward. EA spends its time on gimmick features that entice people to buy the game, but dont work properly which then gets removed in the next installment. The same core problems remain in the game year in and year out. For the last decade or so they have been recycling the same things over and over. When a new console comes out they stripe the game now and slowly at the old features back in, until the next time it's time to start over again and repeat the same process. It's sad when a game over 10 years old has more features than the current version. The dlc is integrated into the core game, that adds nothing to the actual game, or should have been included with the game from the start.

By doing this they can increase their profits and purchase exclusive contracts from other companies/leagues, preventing others from innovating the games, hence allowing them to keep the status quo. People will continue to buy these games for many reasons, but mainly because there is no alternative, partly do to exclusive licenses.

I can go on and on, but I won't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
My option on EA and its sports titles are pretty low right now.

Begin of rant

I feel like they're out to just make as much profit as they can year in and year out doing the minimum amount of work. They're at a point where they are satisfied with the status quo, instead of trying to be innovative and push the gaming industry forward. EA spends its time on gimmick features that entice people to buy the game, but dont work properly which then gets removed in the next installment. The same core problems remain in the game year in and year out. For the last decade or so they have been recycling the same things over and over. When a new console comes out they stripe the game now and slowly at the old features back in, until the next time it's time to start over again and repeat the same process. It's sad when a game over 10 years old has more features than the current version. The dlc is integrated into the core game, that adds nothing to the actual game, or should have been included with the game from the start.

By doing this they can increase their profits and purchase exclusive contracts from other companies/leagues, preventing others from innovating the games, hence allowing them to keep the status quo. People will continue to buy these games for many reasons, but mainly because there is no alternative, partly do to exclusive licenses.

I can go on and on, but I won't
Other then the NHL series all the other EA sports games had 99 percent of features that it's last gen counter part had during its launch. What dlc are you talking about? I haven't paid for anything other then the game in all sports games? Now I know there is MUT, HUT, FUT and so forth but that's not dlc. I'm not getting more content to the game buy purchasing packs. I play HUT and am in D1 and haven't spent a dime on it. Making games, sports games in particular is very expensive and you have a short development window each year. There's a reason why EA and a few other companies make sports games. We were so lucky 10-15 years ago with so many options. That was the golden age

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »