Home

FIFA 16 Video - Moments of Magic, Dynamic Crossing, Interception Logic, Defense, More

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Video - Moments of Magic, Dynamic Crossing, Interception Logic, Defense, More within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2015, 09:19 AM   #9
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 16 Video - Moments of Magic, Dynamic Crossing, Interception Logic, Defense,

I am determined not to get hyped for this game. All I've wanted over the past few iterations was improvements to the CM to make it the mode that we all know it could be if the proper attention was paid to it. Based on the coverage thus far I'm fairly certain that won't be happening.

That being said, I'm definitely getting the itch.

Last edited by NightmareBooster; 07-21-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Video - Moments of Magic, Dynamic Crossing, Interception Logic, Defense,

If they can get my defenders to stop playing like matadors with zero awareness of any action going on around them, i'll be thrilled
Old 07-21-2015, 06:38 PM   #11
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
If they can get my defenders to stop playing like matadors with zero awareness of any action going on around them, i'll be thrilled
100% this.

I really am dumbfounded by how awful defending has been in FIFA '15.

The only thing I do with my defenders is back pedal, back pedal, back pedal, back pedal, and when the moment where I think I'm going to get beat occurs, I simply RUN into the CPU attacker. Tackling is useless and typically succeeds only in giving away free kicks. I can use the shoulder tackle button once in awhile to watch my defender stick a boot out, but that's it.

What concerns me, and it's been pointed out already, is the videos of FIFA '16 that have surfaced so far keep showing that same "stick a boot out" animation, so I'm not very optimistic that defending will be much different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #12
Just started!

OVR: 0
can anyone tell me the exact date when will it release, can't wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #13
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator_CR7
can anyone tell me the exact date when will it release, can't wait for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, Google can do that!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #14
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

It's about time that they focus on defending. But the biggest eyesore in the game is the lack of differentiation (is that a word??) between teams.

The CPU attack is the standard Harlem Globetrotter weave at the top of the box with the occasional cross into the box for a header. Barcelona does it and so does Preston North End. The CPU "tactics" always have been dictated by cheesy programming. To make it appear that they are pressing my teammates feel like they are standing in quick sand. All of the sudden I can't complete the simplest of passes.

Where are the teams that posses you to death with tactics and superior players (Barcelona)? What about the teams that play long ball (Stoke)? What about the minnows that park the bus for 90 minutes? What about tactical adjustments and true tactical subs? From a strategic standpoint this game is miles behind PES. It should be embarrassing but FIFA has and always will cater to the casual, online, ultimate team, graphics crowd.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
It's about time that they focus on defending. But the biggest eyesore in the game is the lack of differentiation (is that a word??) between teams.

The CPU attack is the standard Harlem Globetrotter weave at the top of the box with the occasional cross into the box for a header. Barcelona does it and so does Preston North End. The CPU "tactics" always have been dictated by cheesy programming. To make it appear that they are pressing my teammates feel like they are standing in quick sand. All of the sudden I can't complete the simplest of passes.

Where are the teams that posses you to death with tactics and superior players (Barcelona)? What about the teams that play long ball (Stoke)? What about the minnows that park the bus for 90 minutes? What about tactical adjustments and true tactical subs? From a strategic standpoint this game is miles behind PES. It should be embarrassing but FIFA has and always will cater to the casual, online, ultimate team, graphics crowd.
I'm with you.

To avoid being all negative, I do feel optimistic about the focus on defending and interception logic. If it translates to a tighter midfield that emphasizes the value of good midfield play, I'll appreciate that improvement.

Still, I crave an experience in which teams favor the same strategic plays as their real-life counterparts. I struggle to enjoy a game where every team uses more or less the same tactics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #16
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

As long as the air through ball gets nerfed, and some minor touches are made to manager mode I'll be happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »