Home

Free Courses Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, Available in Play Now, Tour Pro, Online

This is a discussion on Free Courses Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, Available in Play Now, Tour Pro, Online within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2015, 02:40 PM   #9
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Free New Courses Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
There will be an update because otherwise there would be no way to incorporate both into Career Mode. My guess is East Lake will show up at the end of the season and Scottsdale before the Spring Invitational....

Figured as much.

Hopefully it doesn't require us restarting career mode then.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Free Courses Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, Available in Play Now, Tour Pro, On

I like that they are giving us a course, not two because I have one of them just no use for it in any mode I play, but I hope the updates have a little more to them in the future.

I was just thinking it would be nice if the courses for the FedEx Cup were released at or around the end of August so we could play those.

The I figured maybe EA could release a couple courses a month or so, to add to the Tour experience. Such as Torrey, Pebble, and Spyglass in January. PGA National and TPC San Antonio, Doral, for the March tournaments, and so in through next year at about this point.

I understand why we didn't get the other two playoff courses, those are new this year I believe, but they could have given us Bethpage, Liberty National, Crooked Stick, Cog Hill, all have been on some version of PGA Tour over the years.

But, it's a start, and I will gladly accept it.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Free Courses Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, Available in Play Now, Tour Pro, On

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBillups36
Just used my extra 50% coupon to trade this debacle in. Gamestop gave me my $60 back, thank god.
I am starting to think about doing the same. If I could get a similar deal, I will trade my game in. I can probably repurchase, if proper additions are made, later in the year at a discount. The good thing if that I have held off starting my career due to the set up. For me, no point in starting if they will add to it. 6 months from now it might be worth the investment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #12
Banned

So it's just one more course we are getting and not a very good one at that. I preordered so I already have Scottsdale.
To be honest I've already stopped playing this game. The online game is pointless as people are shooting silly scores on all three levels because it's too easy and I'm finding career mode to be tedious. Hopefully two more courses may make it a bit more fun.
I had hoped for courses like Pebble Beach, Torry Pines, Oakmont and Melbourne.
This game has sold well in the UK but the feedback on Amazon have been vitriolic to say the least. I can't see EA releasing another golf game after the reviews and feedback this one has got. It's their own fault to be honest.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

No amount of courses will make this a good game. EA probably pushed up the release of Scottsdale due to the terrible reviews. This is EA's way of saying "Sorry our game sucks, so here's some free stuff that should have been in the game in the first place". Nice try EA, but your game still sucks.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #14
Rookie

Not impressed. They need to put out more than 1 course a month. At this rate I will get the game 8+ months from now and pay $15 for it.. Good deal for me I guess.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #15
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I hate to be that guy, but why did I pre-order this game? Thanks for the four week incentive on having TPC Scottsdale that could only be used in Play It Now.
I pre-ordered from Best Buy and STILL don't have the code because of some problem with their code generator. At this rate, there was no need to pre order here as well. Lesson learned :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

if EA releases a paid DLC course pack with Torry Pines, Pinehurst, Pebble Beach and say like Spyglass Hill, (All Tiger Woods classic courses) I will be furious

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »