Home

Free Courses Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, Available in Play Now, Tour Pro, Online

This is a discussion on Free Courses Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, Available in Play Now, Tour Pro, Online within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Free Courses Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, Available in Play Now, Tour Pro, On

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
if EA releases a paid DLC course pack with Torry Pines, Pinehurst, Pebble Beach and say like Spyglass Hill, (All Tiger Woods classic courses) I will be furious
They will...
Old 07-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Free Courses Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, Available in Play Now, Tour Pro, On

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
if EA releases a paid DLC course pack with Torry Pines, Pinehurst, Pebble Beach and say like Spyglass Hill, (All Tiger Woods classic courses) I will be furious
I would gladly pay for those. When it comes to my gaming and the actual sport of Golf, I don't mind paying for more. However, I do agree those should be a free DLC.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 07-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #19
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrycurran62
This game has sold well in the UK but the feedback on Amazon have been vitriolic to say the least.
You don't have to go to Amazon to find vitriolic feedback, it's been pretty vitriolic here I personally don't think the game was ready for prime time myself, but I do see some strong potential for it.

Quote:
I can't see EA releasing another golf game after the reviews and feedback this one has got. It's their own fault to be honest.
They won't have to if they can't get this game polished and refined a bit. It's got to happen fairly quickly though in order to turn the sour public sentiment around. This is the first EA Sports golf game I haven't bought on release day since Tiger Woods 2004, but there are only three relatively easily curable fixes I'm waiting on before I buy it. Once they're in place, I'll be onboard.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #20
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Free New Courses Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Ok... it's a start. I do wish there was a second in addition to East Lake since I already have Scottsdale from the pre-order. Slow start, but a good start nonetheless..
This is a small but necessary gesture to smooth over a user base that's feeling a little bit snubbed right now. I'm inferring from this that the first patch will likely not be released until the August 11th now, since one will be needed to work Scottsdale into the Season mode? I was kind of hoping a patch would come through before then with the proposed swing changes Handsward was speaking of last week, among other things. I'm also hoping for an option to turn the swing meter off in the game settings in the first patch, but it didn't sound like that would be part of the first patch based on his response to that question.

Anyway, it now looks like I'll at least be waiting until August 11th for a purchase, but even then, only if the patch addresses the deal-breaker issues I currently have with it.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:29 PM   #21
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
I picked up the digital copy of this game on release day, big mistake on my part. I'm more than a little disappointed in what the game offers and two extra coursed in the next two months does very little to help. I suppose it's a start but I've since deleted the game to make way for completed games on my system. I'm more upset with myself for buying the game than anything else. The got me with Live and now this. Hopefully by Christmas I'll have a reason to install and play the game again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 10:47 AM   #22
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
I went to play test for Live and got this game for free, it is definitely worth it for me. I hope they continue to release additional courses to add to career mode, which hopefully you will not have to restart career to use? No details on how they are going to do this? If they added the ability to customize schedule it would be a huge plus. I think just playing rounds of golf, this game is fun. I will continue just playing rounds this way or playing some rounds online. Table the career mode for hopefully a more in depth experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »