Home

MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #17
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEternalEnigma
I just rage quit a game against a prick who was steal/rundown cheesing. He'd get in rundowns, knowing my catcher would likely rainbow lob the ball to third, which he did, allowing the runner to score because throwing animations are so slow online.
The rundowns is another good one. You start to try to hold on to the ball until the last second because of the ability for the runner to turn around quickly, but it ends up hurting you a lot of the time.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #18
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

also look at pitch outs on steals and how runner can stop on a dime and retreat to original base, I have never seen a base stealer doing this in a game
Old 07-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #19
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

really great vid Chase!!! I'd love for the devs to develop a new mechanic for bunting that incorporates a PCI.

Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/FratNightGaming

MLB THE SHOW GUIDES:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oXcjKpbMYUEbd2
Old 07-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #20
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
also look at pitch outs on steals and how runner can stop on a dime and retreat to original base, I have never seen a base stealer doing this in a game
Yeah this is another good one. I don't think you should not be allowed to go back at all because there's still a chance you accidentally pressed the steal button. That being said, you more or less know you're going to be able to swipe the bag based on your jump. So if a pitch out or a bad jump occurs you can generally react quick enough to run back if the catcher throws to second, so it's not really fair to the defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
really great vid Chase!!! I'd love for the devs to develop a new mechanic for bunting that incorporates a PCI.
Thanks for the feedback! I originally thought about just doing the video purely on steals and bunts because they really are the two biggest issues, but felt it might get a bit boring detailing each of the scenarios/reasons why both are unbalanced online.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:59 PM   #21
Rookie

jeffmc_scea's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
There is an exploit/bug related to the stop animation. It allows the runner to change directions much too quickly. This happens offline as well and will be addressed. Thanks again for all the feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmc_scea
There is an exploit/bug related to the stop animation. It allows the runner to change directions much too quickly. This happens offline as well and will be addressed. Thanks again for all the feedback.
Thanks for contributing here. It does mean a good bit when a developer openly interacts about these very frustrating things.

Another thing that is frustrating is when there's a chopper at the plate. The catcher just springs right up and won't go after the ball until the stand-up animation is complete. Causes a lot of singles that shouldn't be.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:26 PM   #23
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEternalEnigma
Another thing that is frustrating is when there's a chopper at the plate. The catcher just springs right up and won't go after the ball until the stand-up animation is complete. Causes a lot of singles that shouldn't be.
Yeah, there are a couple examples of that in the video Enigma, so I assume he was/is aware of that one as well.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:39 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 5

Excellent Chase.

You basically got every single problem I have with The Show in one video. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

That bunting animation people do while you're pitching or the perfect bunts is the most infuriating one.

Not to mention the delay animations.

Hopefully the MLB The Show devs are playing really close attention to this video,

Sort this out guys. The online would be nearly perfect if you can sort the stuff in the video out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »