Home

MLB 15 The Show Video - Improving Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video - Improving Diamond Dynasty within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2015, 02:17 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show Video - Improving Diamond Dynasty

Diamond Dynasty has been a huge hit on Operation Sports this year, and I'm one of the many who has been sucked in by the mode. It's a more streamlined approach to the fantasy team concept, and taking the more straightforward approach has worked in Sony's favor. However, improvements can always be made to any mode, and so that's what we'll take a look at in this video.

If you can't see the video above, click here.
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Would like to see:

Expand Stat Tracking (team and player)
Allow for multiple lineups and multiple teams
Would also add the ability to join a DD tournament...have like an 8 or 16 team brackets where you win and advance, lose and you're out. Having better pay outs the further you advance.

I love the "Fan Duel" team building concept...would absolutely love that, it's an awesome idea. That would encourage you to keep player cards and change your play style from game to game. It would get you away from having to play a roster full of hall of famers.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Would like to see:

Expand Stat Tracking (team and player)
Allow for multiple lineups and multiple teams
Would also add the ability to join a DD tournament...have like an 8 or 16 team brackets where you win and advance, lose and you're out. Having better pay outs the further you advance.

I love the "Fan Duel" team building concept...would absolutely love that, it's an awesome idea. That would encourage you to keep player cards and change your play style from game to game. It would get you away from having to play a roster full of hall of famers.
The stat tracking one is a really good one to me. It's weird you can really only see the "in-depth" player stats for guys on your team within a game and not in the menus.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Improving Diamond Dynasty

I'd like to see Community Challenges disappear and instead just give people more stubs for a win in the random h2h matchups. Maybe even have a tier system where you get more stubs based on the rating/division of your opponent. I feel like this would put more emphasis on actually playing the game and "winning"
Old 07-31-2015, 09:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
It needs to be harder to obtain Gold and Platinum cards. It gets boring playing against teams with the same lineups of 95 + rated stars and legends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnemergut
I'd like to see Community Challenges disappear and instead just give people more stubs for a win in the random h2h matchups. Maybe even have a tier system where you get more stubs based on the rating/division of your opponent. I feel like this would put more emphasis on actually playing the game and "winning"
They have already gotten rid of the good community challenges yesterday morning. And I disagree with that. It's not like it's causing prices to skyrocket because guys could get a ton of stubs from doing these challenges. You would only get like 5 or 600 stubs for doing a challenge completely (99 attempts) if you had some collections completed.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:20 PM   #7
Rookie

HeavySaucer's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
They have already gotten rid of the good community challenges yesterday morning. And I disagree with that. It's not like it's causing prices to skyrocket because guys could get a ton of stubs from doing these challenges. You would only get like 5 or 600 stubs for doing a challenge completely (99 attempts) if you had some collections completed.
People were getting more than that for the community challenges. With about 20 collections completed, I was getting about 2,000 stubs and 10 cards for going 2/3 of the way through a triple play challenge.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2015, 01:50 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavySaucer
People were getting more than that for the community challenges. With about 20 collections completed, I was getting about 2,000 stubs and 10 cards for going 2/3 of the way through a triple play challenge.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Still it's not like it's destroying the market and inflating the prices of all the top guys like Trout, Williams, etc. I don't see the problem with it honestly. And most of the time the cards are crap anyways unless you are just starting out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »