Home

MLB 15 The Show Video - Improving Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video - Improving Diamond Dynasty within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2015, 02:35 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Improving Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Still it's not like it's destroying the market and inflating the prices of all the top guys like Trout, Williams, etc. I don't see the problem with it honestly. And most of the time the cards are crap anyways unless you are just starting out.
The market is resilient regardless (and it would deflate prices more than inflate them). I think the bigger issue is more just the sheer number of cards that get grabbed via these methods. If you're getting roughly 2,000 Stubs and 10 cards each time, that's a ton of stuff to get in just 15 minutes.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:38 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
The market is resilient regardless (and it would deflate prices more than inflate them). I think the bigger issue is more just the sheer number of cards that get grabbed via these methods. If you're getting roughly 2,000 Stubs and 10 cards each time, that's a ton of stuff to get in just 15 minutes.
Yea that's true, you get a lot of cards. But they are not good cards. I have done these challenges like 50 times and only got a diamond glove and then some decent silvers and the rest bronzes and commons.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:51 PM   #11
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Yea that's true, you get a lot of cards. But they are not good cards. I have done these challenges like 50 times and only got a diamond glove and then some decent silvers and the rest bronzes and commons.
I mean there are plenty of cases of good cards being found as well. I think what I would ask then is if you get such crap, why keep doing it anyway?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 02:55 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
I mean there are plenty of cases of good cards being found as well. I think what I would ask then is if you get such crap, why keep doing it anyway?
TBH the stubs because I just started playing a week ago and the crap cards are somewhat helping me complete the collections. And I haven't started to flip cards because I don't know what cards should I take my chances on.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:58 PM   #13
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
TBH the stubs because I just started playing a week ago and the crap cards are somewhat helping me complete the collections. And I haven't started to flip cards because I don't know what cards should I take my chances on.
Fair enough, thanks for the back and forth! Also I'm probably put out a Marketplace video in the not too distant future so maybe that will help you out.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:13 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Fair enough, thanks for the back and forth! Also I'm probably put out a Marketplace video in the not too distant future so maybe that will help you out.
Yea it definitely would. Also I hate that you can't sell the guys you used to complete a collection. I understand the legends because that would overpopulate the market. Because I finished the Rockies collection and have no use for CarGo now and could make a decent profit from him.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:27 PM   #15
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Yea it definitely would. Also I hate that you can't sell the guys you used to complete a collection. I understand the legends because that would overpopulate the market. Because I finished the Rockies collection and have no use for CarGo now and could make a decent profit from him.
I feel like though you have to lock those guys in Collections, otherwise what was the point of spending the Stubs and so on to get the Legend? You could just then turn around and get all your Stubs back and go right in to the next Collection with now the "best" card already at your disposal in the form of the Legend. It would make finishing all Collections mostly easy, and since Collections is really the only long-term goal, it would sort of hurt that aspect of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 03:33 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
I feel like though you have to lock those guys in Collections, otherwise what was the point of spending the Stubs and so on to get the Legend? You could just then turn around and get all your Stubs back and go right in to the next Collection with now the "best" card already at your disposal in the form of the Legend. It would make finishing all Collections mostly easy, and since Collections is really the only long-term goal, it would sort of hurt that aspect of things.
Yea that's true I guess. I don't play the other games' modes like this because I hate the contract aspect to it. But are the other games like this? Where you when you finish a collection you can't sell off all of the guys in the collection to try and get your money back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »