Home

Axis Football 2015 Review (PC)

This is a discussion on Axis Football 2015 Review (PC) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2015, 01:19 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Axis Football 2015 Review (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
That's quite the shotgun response, you covered everything from the indie vs AAA argument, the game being incomplete (which is the very reason many games tank in reviews) to 'it's not even reviewable' and sports games in general vs numerical reviews.

I think many understand a lot of that, and read this review in context. I don't get the flailing to defend it, if the review leads to it being abandonware (which it wont) then it's probably much closer to that than anyone realizes from the get go then.

If it's so great otherwise it will have the much more visible Steam reviews (which are generally positive, but have their +'s and -'s) to rely on.
I don't post often, and when I do I have something to say. I covered as much as I did because it really bothers me that he gave the game a 2.5 out of 10. He might as well have said don't bother ever buying this or any future products with this brand.

This is an important site for sports games. That should be obvious. Right now there are nearly 2000 people online, and I'm sure many more are lurking. The Axis Developers prime and probably only audience are likely to visit this site.

This is a site that with this review has the power to kill a game. Who knows what this game will look like by 2016, but you know who probably won't tune in again? Nearly anyone who had a mild interest and saw a 2.5 out of 10 and decided that this just a **** game.

The fans of this game obviously see more potential than a 2.5 out of 10 because last I checked the game was like 80% positive. That should have been reflected in the review.

The only thing this review has promoted is the idea that axis football is a joke.

If it looks like I'm flailing then I'm ok with that. Hopefully some mildly interested football fan sees my post and realizes that maybe this game is worth supporting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2015, 08:16 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake53
I don't post often, and when I do I have something to say. I covered as much as I did because it really bothers me that he gave the game a 2.5 out of 10. He might as well have said don't bother ever buying this or any future products with this brand.

This is an important site for sports games. That should be obvious. Right now there are nearly 2000 people online, and I'm sure many more are lurking. The Axis Developers prime and probably only audience are likely to visit this site.

This is a site that with this review has the power to kill a game. Who knows what this game will look like by 2016, but you know who probably won't tune in again? Nearly anyone who had a mild interest and saw a 2.5 out of 10 and decided that this just a **** game.

The fans of this game obviously see more potential than a 2.5 out of 10 because last I checked the game was like 80% positive. That should have been reflected in the review.

The only thing this review has promoted is the idea that axis football is a joke.

If it looks like I'm flailing then I'm ok with that. Hopefully some mildly interested football fan sees my post and realizes that maybe this game is worth supporting.
Reviews are not written for just fans of the game, they are written for a wide audience. If OS was the only bad review of the game, I would see where you have a point, but after seeing two other website reviews, OS review is right in line with the other two.

Also, OS wasn't the only review site to compare with Madden. So, the other review sites must be wrong in their line of thinking, too.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13
I agree the reviews should be objective, which means the comparison has to be Madden (since that is currently the only other football videogame). That said, I also agree the tone of a review can be positive or negative and can either build or diminish the potential audience and hope for the game. Granted that's kind of a fine point. To me, this game most reminds me of Maximum Football, another PC football videogame from a few years ago that gave me high hopes, but ultimately came up far short.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:03 PM   #28
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

OVR: 5

Its part of a bundle for only 2.99 is you haven't gotten it yet.

https://www.indiegala.com/monday
Old 11-09-2015, 06:04 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hey folks!

Danny Jugan here. I first want to thank everyone for this support and feedback on Axis Football over the past few months. We were able to improve several aspects of the game and have huge plans to improve several areas that need some love! To that end, we've released a Kickstarter to help raise some funds for motion capture animations and graphical improvements. If you're at all interested in football gaming on the PC or just for better football options in-general, I'd like to encourage you to consider support the Kickstarter! If not, at least check it out and let a friend or two know!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/169597452/axis-football-2016

As always, I am truly thankful for your support. Feel free to reach out to me anytime with questions or comments!

Happy gaming,

Danny Jugan
[email protected]
@AxisGamesDev

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »