Home

PES 2016 Demo Scheduled to Arrive Worldwide on August 13 For PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Demo Scheduled to Arrive Worldwide on August 13 For PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:42 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
PES 2016 Demo Scheduled to Arrive Worldwide on August 13 For PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360

Konami-Europe has just announced the PES 2016 demo will be available on August 13 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

We are confirming with Konami to see if the demo will arrive in the USA on the same date.

UPDATE: Confirmed. The PES 2016 demo is scheduled to arrive worldwide on August 13.

UPDATE #2: (via @Adam_Bhatti) - PES European Product ManagerUPDATE #3: The final box art for PES 2016 features Neymar Jr. with Juventus striker, Alvaro Morata. (See an image here)

Read the full press release below.

‘Love the past, Play the Future’: PES 2016 Storms gamescom as Seminal Football Title Makes Public Debut Alongside Final Cover and Confirmed Demo Date

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. hits gamescom with the eagerly-awaited PES 2016, marking the series’ 20th anniversary by making its playable debut to visitors at Europe’s largest consumer gaming event. KONAMI will also produce a new trailer for the show highlighting the many advances in the new game, final cover and has confirmed that a free playable demo will be released on Aug. 13.

The PES series’ heritage is appropriately celebrated in PES 2016’s new tagline ‘Love The Past, Play The Future’, highlighting the series’ recent return to core PES values in last year’s PES 2015 – winning gamescom’s coveted ‘Best Sports Game 2014’ award in the process – with this year’s gamescom presence detailing the many new gameplay and presentational elements that will establish PES 2016 as the definitive football experience.

PES 2016 continues to lead the way in the recreation of ‘The Beautiful Game’. The new game strives to create a realistic yet always exciting match between users, and deliver quality gameplay as per KONAMI’s ongoing ‘The Pitch is Ours’ mantra. From further integration of the industry-leading Fox Engine bringing the on-pitch action to life, to the full commitment to creating the best gameplay experience, to the full redevelopment of Master League, every facet of PES 2016 has been enhanced to deliver yet another outstanding product.

Every aspect of the game has benefitted from refinement and enhancement, following feedback from the incredibly well-received PES 2015. On the pitch, the physicality of top-level matches is stressed via a significantly improved collision system that calculates how players interact and creating a unique outcome depending on the type of impact. Aerial battles are also a completely unique experience this year as the left stick is used to unsettle a larger, more powerful player or find the best position to make the header/volley. Other on-field advances include one-on-one control adding a wider range of movements within the existing control structure. Response times have been improved, allowing players to maneuver in tight situations and benefits the upgraded feint moves that allow sudden directional change.

The individuality of players is also further demonstrated via the ongoing Player ID and Team ID projects. This ensures players in PES 2016 not only resemble, but have all the playing traits, of their real-life counterparts. Defenses will automatically be set up to play to a team’s strengths, while the special skill sets of players will be used intelligently within the game’s extensive tactical options. The ID system has also been extended to goalkeepers, in a bid to improve quality and add unique individuality in performance. New goal keeper parameters have been added spanning Catching, Clearance, Collapsing and Deflecting. This adds definition to ‘keepers’, who you can count on catching the ball rather than punching, or are better at stopping close range shots.

PES 2016 has also received a stunning aesthetic overhaul. The new game boasts 3x the number of animations of last year’s iteration. Goalkeepers have an abundance of save animations added, while outfield players shoot, pass, dribble and tackle with incredible variety depending on the situation. Players complain when a foul isn't given, or berate a teammate when a pass isn't made, while tricky players can wrong-foot their opponents with shimmies and feints that can result in causing the opposing player to lose his balance and fall in the wrong direction!

The many advancements of KONAMI’s Fox Engine also benefit the game visually in other ways. Surface water during rainy match days will splash as players slide in to win possession, or the turf will kick up as you strike the ball into the top corner. New night-time lighting and real turf textures are among some of the many improvements as well. Crucially, and for the first time in the PES series, dynamic weather has been introduced. Rain can start during a match and the ever more realistic ball physics will accommodate the change in circumstances. Rain changes how the game can be played with passes speeding up, less skilled players are likely to struggle with trapping and players are more likely to slip and fall due to incorrect studs or blades. The variety in playing conditions also demonstrates PES 2016’s incredible ball physics, wherein every spin, bobble or ricochet, has been calculated using real ball physics data, helping keep every moment in every game unique and unpredictable.

The gamescom demo will focus on the on-field element of the game, but KONAMI has also extensively reworked the backroom elements of PES 2016. The eternally popular Master League enjoys a total revamp, allowing users to immerse themselves in the managerial world of soccer. Every element has been redesigned or reworked, from all-new menus, to the new and exciting player transfer system, PES 2016 sees one of the series’ most integral modes redefine the single-player experience. A brand new Team Roles feature allows players to function as a Star Player, or Icons, who are players committing their career to just one team and influence the management of the club and team performance. The game’s myClub option has also been further improved based on user feedback. Player level systems, and players exclusive to the mode, have also been added, while users can use points acquired through matches, or with myClub coins, to experience realistic club management to develop a squad. The mode, brought in last year, consistently updates players on a weekly basis. More competitions, events and campaigns are to be expected. There will also be an announcement soon after launch regarding special exclusive players - more details on this soon. Choose the manager, consider coaches, and build the strategy based on what your aim is with your team. Build Your Team, Create Your legacy!

Edit mode has seen some important improvements for PS4 users, which allows the ability to import images to be used to customize squad kits, which extends to team emblems and manager pictures.

KONAMI is also delighted to confirm that the brilliance of PES 2016 will reach an even wider audience on Aug. 13, as a free playable demo will be released via the usual digital channels. The demo will feature both club and national sides and will offer a perfect snapshot of the many on-field advances the new game offers.
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: PES 2016 Demo Scheduled to Arrive on August 13

I have never owned a PES game before, but this weekend I downloaded the PES 2015 demo and wow am I impressed. It just feels more "authentic" than FIFA does from a gameplay perspective. Granted this is just a small sample size but am I pretty accurate in saying that?

I'm currently like 3 years in on my FIFA 2014 career and I've enjoyed it thus far, but does PES have a similar career mode?

Last question, how has the online servers been on PES? I love to play my sport games online so this is a key feature and we all know EA is pretty damn solid at good fast servers.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I have never owned a PES game before, but this weekend I downloaded the PES 2015 demo and wow am I impressed. It just feels more "authentic" than FIFA does from a gameplay perspective. Granted this is just a small sample size but am I pretty accurate in saying that?

I'm currently like 3 years in on my FIFA 2014 career and I've enjoyed it thus far, but does PES have a similar career mode?

Last question, how has the online servers been on PES? I love to play my sport games online so this is a key feature and we all know EA is pretty damn solid at good fast servers.
Master League (their version of ManagerMode) looks like it is going to be much more improve for PES 16 but their online I wouldn't hold my breath for that. Their online just isn't as solid as FIFA unfortunately and I don't see that changing too much for this year.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

I'll update the OP in a few, but it has been confirmed. The demo will be available on August 13 in the USA as well.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OK, found 3 more updates. Just added them all to the OP.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #6
Pro

TerryP's Arena

Re: PES 2016 Demo Scheduled to Arrive Worldwide on August 13 For PS4, Xbox One, PS3,

Looking forward to it! Nice Konami is still releasing demo's. They've become scarce these days.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:40 PM   #7
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Re: PES 2016 Demo Scheduled to Arrive Worldwide on August 13 For PS4, Xbox One, PS3,

Odd choice of player to share the cover with Neymar.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

You don't play FIFA on their servers. Online play is P2P, where you connect to your opponent directly. You connect back to their servers for other things once the match is finished.

I haven't played PES online for years now, so i can't speak for them. I'm guessing they still use P2P for game play also.

I would consider yourself lucky if you think EA "servers" are good and fast. It probably just means you're not going up against many lag cheats, and most of your opponents have a good connection as well. Most people seem to have a negative opinion about the quality of online play with FIFA, if you spend any time on the official forums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »