Home

WWE 2K16 Gameplay Video and Details Revealed - More on Grappling and Reversal System

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Gameplay Video and Details Revealed - More on Grappling and Reversal System within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2015, 08:21 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE 2K16 Gameplay Video and Details Revealed - More on Grappling and Reversal System

IGN has posted some WWE 2K16 gameplay and entrance videos, along with some gameplay details. Chain grappling returns, with more transitions and moves, they will also have more impact with the different attribute values each wrestler has. So you will see ties, resulting in cheap shots or breakups. Working grapples are new this year, if you initiate the grapple, you can rest to gain more stamina, while your opponent loses some.

Quote:
You start each match with a limited stock of reversals. Once you use one, it will slowly regenerate over time, meaning that if you try to counter every move thrown your way, you'll be out in no time flat, leaving you completely vulnerable until one regenerates. What's more, you can now pass on your initial chance to reverse a move at its startup, and instead attempt a mosre difficult to time "major" reversal mid-move. It will cost you two reversal stocks, but the effects can be match-changing, debuffing your opponent in a variety of possible ways and giving you time to really turn things around.

Below are a few more WWE 2K16 details:
  • MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame.
  • Create a Diva, Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in!
  • WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows
  • Online has been "overhauled."
  • Three-man commentary team, with John "Bradshaw" Layfield joining King and Cole.
  • Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in.
  • No loading screens between entrances, and you can assault opponents during their entrance!
  • Improved ref and manager AI.
Source - IGN
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: WWE 2K16 Gameplay Video and Details Revealed

Balor's timing is a little off in his entrance. Hope they can fix that in time.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #3
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I guess they had to eventually do something to nerf the reversals a bit, but I still think it would have made more sense to just have separate reversal buttons for strikes and grapples.

We'll see, hopefully the game will be much better this time than the last effort. It is one of my true guilty pleasures to create a late 80s/early 90s Universe, both WWF and WCW. It's an orgasm of nostalgia.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #4
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

OVR: 0
WWE 2K16 Gameplay Video and Details Revealed - More on Grappling and Reversal...

Create an arena was all I needed, I'm back in 2k, see you on Black Friday.

Also, hope those created belts look just as good as the regular ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2015, 09:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
The reversal system could be interesting. They could go a bit further and offer different amounts of reversals based on a wrestlers ratings or have some wrestlers reversals regenerate faster than others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #6

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: WWE 2K16 Gameplay Video and Details Revealed - More on Grappling and Reversal Sys

That commentary still sounds awful
Old 08-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #7
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Glad they added more matches back into the game. It looks like they have added a new submission system. Will that countdown at the top right of the screen be there all the time?

Last edited by Cowboy008; 08-04-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #8
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: WWE 2K16 Gameplay Video and Details Revealed - More on Grappling and Reversal Sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
That commentary still sounds awful

Yea King and Cole during Rollins entrance was disappointing. I don't want to quote it but King didn't even say Rollins name during his one comment.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »