Home

PES 2016 Gameplay Video - Juventus F.C. vs. A.C. Milan

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Gameplay Video - Juventus F.C. vs. A.C. Milan within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2015, 11:54 PM   #9

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PES 2016 Gameplay Video - Juventus F.C. vs. A.C. Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
PES 14 got the fouls right on the last patch but making the game being arcadey to appeal to FIFA youtubers...not sure about that one. Anyway, since this is the E3 build hopefully the Gamescom build is better with the fouls and keepers because everything else looks good IMO.

Well, there were plenty of fouls in 2014, but that would be an example of doing it wrong. That game was broken all over the place, so it's hard to talk about it in a positive light at all.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:25 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Man, this still doesn't look good. There is too much space, so, so, so much space. Defenders still backing off in critical situations.

PES will always have the physics, but these videos have not been promising whatsoever.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:13 AM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I get that the code is possibly older, but several things worried me. First off, the keepers were horrid, and considering PES' track record, it's a concern. Player movement remains very very stiff, nowhere near the fluidity of FIFA. Finally, and for me worst of all, the tackling seems way overpowered, either that or the game is too "tackle centric." It seemed like every single possession was ended due to a tackle, no pass int's, no errant passes, just tackle after tackle, after tackle. I'll reserve judgement until I have the demo on at least top player, but from this video, I'm concerned.
I personally hate player movement/collisions in FIFA. Players are way too agile/twitchy, have no weight, and can perform stuff at high speeds that are physically impossible.

Yes, the freedom of movement is great but it comes at detriment to physics which people claim are outstanding in FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I personally hate player movement/collisions in FIFA. Players are way too agile/twitchy, have no weight, and can perform stuff at high speeds that are physically impossible.

Yes, the freedom of movement is great but it comes at detriment to physics which people claim are outstanding in FIFA.
PES really just needs to get the spacing right. The fox engine is okay, but it's an eye sore to see how far apart players are without the ball. The defensive line dropping back to follow a runner is still there. I would lower the agility for both games actually, and we'd then have a game. I really am not sure why PES doesn't have gameplay sliders, @orion523 and I could do some serious damage
Old 08-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #13

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
. I really am not sure why PES doesn't have gameplay sliders, @orion523 and I could do some serious damage

I'm really not sure I'd want to open that endless can of worms, but I think the ship has sailed on that anyways. Online and MyClub are Konami's focus.

(metaphor overload)
Old 08-05-2015, 04:25 PM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
PES really just needs to get the spacing right. The fox engine is okay, but it's an eye sore to see how far apart players are without the ball. The defensive line dropping back to follow a runner is still there. I would lower the agility for both games actually, and we'd then have a game. I really am not sure why PES doesn't have gameplay sliders, @orion523 and I could do some serious damage
A lot of the spacing issues can be resolved by adjusting your fluid formation with/without the ball. I'm sure these guys didn't adjust their formations from the default, which are waaaay to wide open and pushed forward creating too much space. I always thought the issue in defending with PES 2015 was that your back 4 pushed up to high opening you up for through balls or over-the-top passes. Your fullbacks stamina would take a beating because they would be way up the pitch and cover a lot of ground.

IMO, what both games NEED is a dedicated tactics man on their team like 2K has with the Da Czar. Someone who 1)understands tactics and 2)how they impact the game (PES & FIFA). Sliders are great, I'll be for them as long as they work as intended (which isn't always the case) but to me there's no point in having licenses IF teams don't have their real life-personalities.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:06 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
A lot of the spacing issues can be resolved by adjusting your fluid formation with/without the ball. I'm sure these guys didn't adjust their formations from the default, which are waaaay to wide open and pushed forward creating too much space. I always thought the issue in defending with PES 2015 was that your back 4 pushed up to high opening you up for through balls or over-the-top passes. Your fullbacks stamina would take a beating because they would be way up the pitch and cover a lot of ground.

IMO, what both games NEED is a dedicated tactics man on their team like 2K has with the Da Czar. Someone who 1)understands tactics and 2)how they impact the game (PES & FIFA). Sliders are great, I'll be for them as long as they work as intended (which isn't always the case) but to me there's no point in having licenses IF teams don't have their real life-personalities.
I really am not sure I can agree. We saw PES 15, it was tactics overdone. I really don't trust KONAMI's execution in this department. They took it to an extreme that the game was so stale.

Sliders may be a battle, but if I wanted to to get spacing in, I would just modify the line settings - and voila, we'd be in good shape.

Don't make the required fixes too complicated. They aren't, at all. They have over-complicated this game with all the feature pushing (i.e. FIFA from years' past) and need to stick to the fundamental positioning of the game. FIFA had the problem in 15 due to the ADD (Attention Deficit Defending), but it's not excuse for PES 16 to have the same issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 07:49 AM   #16
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I really am not sure I can agree. We saw PES 15, it was tactics overdone. I really don't trust KONAMI's execution in this department. They took it to an extreme that the game was so stale.

Sliders may be a battle, but if I wanted to to get spacing in, I would just modify the line settings - and voila, we'd be in good shape.

Don't make the required fixes too complicated. They aren't, at all. They have over-complicated this game with all the feature pushing (i.e. FIFA from years' past) and need to stick to the fundamental positioning of the game. FIFA had the problem in 15 due to the ADD (Attention Deficit Defending), but it's not excuse for PES 16 to have the same issues.
I do think PES 15's tactics was overdone as there wasn't any in between for some of the formations. Using fluid formation and messing with the positioning of players you could sort of strike some balance as Klashman had posted some formations for some teams that worked well but it still wasn't enough at least for the less talented team.

This is one of things I am fearful about with PES as I felt there really wasn't enough variation between teams. I always felt this was a FIFA problem now it looks like it could potentially be a PES problem as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »