Home

FIFA 16 Gameplay and FUT Draft Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Gameplay and FUT Draft Videos From Gamescom within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2015, 02:31 PM   #17
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: First Actual Gameplay Video Of FIFA 16 Gamescom 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Damn, haven't been impressed like this by one of these videos in forever. Not that impressed by the PES videos, but I'll get both (despite hating what both are doing with exclusive licensing). FIFA looks to have an advantage so far.
PES looks more or less the same as last year, on the pitch at least and for me that's a disappointment. FIFA on the other hand chose to fix it faults by using sound football fundamentals, and improving the footballing logic. I am well and truly impressed. NGB gave PES it's sports game of the show, and I strongly disagree with that, FIFA for me looks by far the better game, from a footballing standpoint.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #18
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0

No idea why you're getting excited. The first video just displays the major problem with FIFA. It's a sprinting fest, sprinting around like a headless chicken goes unpunished and I hate it. I truly hope the defending is as good as it looks in the videos so I won't have to sprint my players back to their position because the CPU keeps making them wander off. It also looks WAY too fast. Say what you will about PES but the pace is spot on there. Although in the second video the pace of the game looks closer to real life. It might still have to be slowed down though. What bothers me in FIFA is that there's no way to walk with the ball, it immideatly throws you into this jogging animation which is way too fast too. One positive is that the CPU didn't seem to run in circles anymore, although this might be different on legendary. I want to see a full game with a competent player (someone who doesn't sprint all of his players outof position chasing the ball like a pitbull) against legendary CPU with game speed set on slow.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:44 PM   #19
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
No idea why you're getting excited. The first video just displays the major problem with FIFA. It's a sprinting fest, sprinting around like a headless chicken goes unpunished and I hate it. I truly hope the defending is as good as it looks in the videos so I won't have to sprint my players back to their position because the CPU keeps making them wander off. It also looks WAY too fast. Say what you will about PES but the pace is spot on there. Although in the second video the pace of the game looks closer to real life. It might still have to be slowed down though. What bothers me in FIFA is that there's no way to walk with the ball, it immideatly throws you into this jogging animation which is way too fast too. One positive is that the CPU didn't seem to run in circles anymore, although this might be different on legendary. I want to see a full game with a competent player (someone who doesn't sprint all of his players outof position chasing the ball like a pitbull) against legendary CPU with game speed set on slow.
The PES videos so far have looked more arcadey than FIFA in terms of pace. The human vs human videos have been painful to watch.

Very disappointed as I was looking to buy PES for the first time.

FIFA just looks like the more complete product. And I know fouls will be called.

In PES, you can only hope.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #20
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

It makes me very excited to see our slider gurus so impressed!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #21
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
It makes me very excited to see our slider gurus so impressed!
This!

I thought the same thing when I saw Matt post earlier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 04:15 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

I'll reserve judgment until I get my hands on the game. Just because a game looks good doesn't mean it plays good. I need to have my hands on a controller to see if the button response is there, smoothness, tightness, etc Really looking forward to trying the demo as the last Fifia I played religiously was 09' during my University years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
I'm not 100% on this but it's something I remember hearing a while ago when a video I saw made PES look too fast. It can be something to do with the game only being shown at 30fps when it's actually 60fps. You're seeing two frames of the game for every one in the video if that makes sense. I'm not sure that's actually what causes it and someone more technical may refute this. All I know is that I heard that games that are natively 60fps (both PES and FIFA) will look faster than they actually are when shown in a 30fps video.

I also think FIFA is always way too fast but I've heard from a few people that the game speed is much better this year. Whether it's slow enough for me, I don't know, but I've heard the right people saying it's 'spot on'.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Didn't notice much of a difference other than the defender closing down a little bit better. Still looked to ping-pong for me. It's hard to tell how the CPU is in a man to man match however. I did like the fact that the rush clearances from the defender's didn't go right to a teammate.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited by buckeyezombie; 08-06-2015 at 04:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »