Home

Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang

This is a discussion on Green Releases Much Rarer in NBA 2K16, No Longer 100% - More Details From Mike Wang within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Green releases are much rarer in NBA 2K16 and also no longer 100%

Excellent news. Thank you Mike.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:45 AM   #10
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

This is good but the rest of the shot formula I expect has been reworked as well.

After the last patch Mike put out those percentages based on contact and what they did was clean up the shot releases and make 100% greens easier to get, while also increasing the contact penalties high. So it became a system of extremes.

Either shots were unstoppable or unmakable. In my sliders offline I had to nerf shot success numbers while also cranking the defense contact sliders almost all the way up to get realistic percentages. Whenever you do this kind of thing it leads to animation issues.

So in this case, CPU players contesting user shots need only be in the neighborhood to turn a near perfect release into an F shot, while user controlled players can have the ball almost go through their hands without getting a block.

I'm hoping they have really looked at the well intentioned mess they made with the last patch and have tested and tweaked the shot system to be more realistic in all game situations.

I'm also hoping they have made a decision to let the casuals who cried loudest about missed shots just cry, or learn how to use each player's releases better. Because that's the big decision to make. It was because they wanted to do something for the crying crowd that they screwed the shooting up with the last patch to begin with - although fixing releases across signature shots was badly needed.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #11
Pro

YungGun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL9105
I guess this is cool but I see this leading to a return of people complaining that the perfect release grade doesn't mean anything which was part of the reason they put the shot bar in the game in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. Once guys start missing wide open green releases, all hell is gonna break loose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Yup. Once guys start missing wide open green releases, all hell is gonna break loose.
Then that's their problem. Green releases should've never been 100% in the first place. I'm quite sure most NBA players know their own shot releases, yet that doesn't ever result in every shot they throw up going in. Green releases should only mean that the user got open and got the shot release correct at its peak in order to set themselves up for the best chance for the shot to fall. That's it.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #13
Rookie

b1baller's Arena

Mike Wang always comes with the good news! 2K16 LETS GO!
Old 08-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #14
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

That's just awesome news.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:20 AM   #15
Banned

That are great news. Thank you Mike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #16
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Hopefully, this kills the mid range cheese of 15 post patch 4. It hurt the strategy part of the game, because everyone was a floor spacer from mid. Didn't need to know who could shoot because a 60 rated mid with the right shot release was money. Shooting is a premiun skill, everyone shouldnt be glenn robinson from mid range. Thanks Mike for correcting this, as usual you fix problems in the game. All we can ask you to do.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »